MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

That could’ve been the MPC’s slogan for the past 10+ years!

7 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

Without live audio thru how you suppose to do a city park jam with a MPC Live, Volca whatever and a Beats Pill by Dre?

Belkin rockstar?

Nah, I’m pretty sure it will be onboard, if not initially then with an OS update.

1 Like

Was that just a JJOS thing? I remember using it on the 1000 w/ JJOS2XL and it sounded poopy. It cllipped easily and sapped the life out of the source like an impedance mismatch kind of sound, soggy and lukewarm. Weird because once I got some samples going it sounded pretty good. Must have been a different route through the converters.

On the other hand, most things sound better going through the OT, especially with those tasty punchy filters.

That coulda also been an unwanted side effect. IIRC you could also use fx on the inputs, including realtime pitch shifting

I never had that experience nor did i try to use the 1000 in that manner anyway. I did use the MV that way and it sounded great. I’ll feeding into the MV every step of the process.

1 Like

Yeah I used to route my virus straight through the MV and sounded pristine! MV for drums and fx, Virus multitimbrally for everything else. You could very easily bounce a live performance down to a stereo file too including all the internal and external audio. MV was brilliant. Bloody massive though… and bloody sloooow too!

Yeah I hope the MPC Live is a step forward from the MV delivering similar functions in a portable package.

1 Like

Shit. 300+ effects. Sounds magical. Make an entire song out of a hotel counter bell. Just the smallest sound source and then play the effects like instruments

2 Likes

Call it the “Torment of the Concierge”

7 Likes

Song titles on fleek

I’d call it ‘Bell-end’ because, y’know, it started as a bell but soon mutated into something far more sinister.

I think that’s also virtually a direct quote from the medical records of my mate ‘Skanky-Dave’.

Lke Ma Bell, Got the ill communication

1 Like

Bboys. :thup:

1 Like

Hi,

Some more questions, if you know the possible answer… :wink:

1. If I use it with a computer, does it work as a sound card, so that I can use the built in audio ins/outs, and midi outs, and thus, switch between computer/standalone mode with relative ease?
  2. Standalone: I see that in addition to the main output, there are additional 2 stereo/4 mono outputs. Can I use them for external send effects? That it is, I’d keep the audio channel routed to main, but also mix a certain percentage for the send out. (Of course, a setup like this would necessitate an external mixer).

well, so far there’s no reason to believe that the USB hubs will accept the same type of messages than the MIDI DIN.
maybe you can via MIDI DIN, but then you would need a usb-midi host in the middle.

Ah, I might have missed the part where you mentioned USB midi.
But they said the new MPCs are class compliant so that should mean they are fully capable of the normal midi protocols over the USB ports. But I am not 100% sure what class compliant entails.

class-compliant means that it takes any MIDI controller that doesn’t require software to be installed in order to use it (plug&play).
I also forgot to mention that, considering that this is quite different from old MPCs (new OS, touchscreen) it’s MIDI control capabilities might not be equal… it’s a matter of time until we figure that out

1 Like

I forgot, but can you have different parts playing in different time signatures?