MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

Wasn’t there a duck on the MPC Pro iOS app, it was a master compressor I think?
Anyways…

Wish these dudes dropping hands on vids would check out the other vids out there. Everyone just covering the same info. Be more interesting/useful to just see someone using it for 20 minutes and going through it all with no talking.

2 Likes

Agreed. I’m just reposting all the vids I happen to stumble upon regarding this thing. Hope someone finds some of them useful in evaluating the product.

3 Likes

Does anyone know if you can record directly into one of the 8 audio tracks while doing a long performance. For example I have a vocal mic plugged in and I’m improving beats while a someone sings. Another question, can my performance moves be recorded while audio is being recorded the same time ala Ableton live?

Yeah there was, the sidechain duck comp

iMPC Pro wouldn’t be so bad if it had any MIDI sequencing abilities. Since it doesn’t, I don’t find myself using it anymore tbh. No proper parametric eq on it either, and the constant pushing of retronyms sample packs is irritating :nej:

I believe this is MPC Touch with 2.0 software:

2 Likes

Yeah midi Out would have been great!
Long deleted!

1 Like

Where are you at, with that? What’s your rig right now? Currently, I have just the A4. For the moment, the desire to compose and write is stronger than to play for me, hence my choice.

Mpc live + jdxi maybe?

I’m laughing because there’s people making review with title like hey why the MPC Live should failed, or which one to pick ???

And …

They haven’t anything to show because they don’t have the … (Device) hahahaha
That’s YOUTUBER :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Yep plus off timing, poor gain-staging and poor fx! The UI is awesome - but that is the only good thing about it.

She/he can move as well😉

1 Like

the beta tester dude mentioned it a few times in the vid below. @ 1:23:30

Yeah I’m not sure I believe this. Maybe X is better because it has pre-amps included, or perhaps the X runs at 96KHz standalone, or because it has more IO - but I would bet the actual AD/DAC is the same chip in both units, giving the same quality sampling.

1 Like

yeah, me neither, but i won’t be preordering anything until i know exactly what’s up.

Yeah, I saw the guy ranting about why it might fail because of it’s price tag. And I was like “LOL whatever brah”

1 Like

Haven’t met any JD-Xi users in the wild myself, and didn’t quite gel with it when I demoed it. But I keep coming back to the idea that it’s on paper very promising.

Like how he tap a pad and that chop the sample while listening.

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking for years that eventually a company will come out with a straight up music computer so we don’t have to choose Mac/PC, something dedicated and designed to do all the things we can do with software, but in its own stable platform that’s super low latency and crash free, doesn’t check email. I know there’s some stuff out there heading in this direction, but these mpc’s look like a turning point to me, closest thing to what I imagined. Rather than jump on right off the batt, I’m now exited to see the second and third iterations of this type of device down the line, from Akai or other manufacturers. The future looks promising…

5 Likes

Not a new idea at all
http://tascam.com/product/x-48/
https://www.roland.com/us/products/mv-8800/

1 Like