MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

This is where the touch screen makes the major leap forward for editing on a MPC. CC and note editing should be super easy and intuitive. No more waiting for the loop to cycle so I can erase the sour note in my performance. lol

2 Likes

Yes, although I am still a big fan of the erase button. Itā€™s great for happy accidents when programming hihat patterns

2 Likes

@tsutek and @William_WiLD
You pre ordered Live ?
Good to have your impressions as Elektron users.

1 Like

1 on all the older mpc each layer was a voice so 4 layers playing at once per pad = 4 voices obviously
2 voices have nothing to do with sequencing

Yes preordered on Stars Music PARIS.
http://www.stars-music.fr/akai-mpc-live.html

Will post thoughts when i receive it and working one week with it
End February / Beginning March as itā€™s said in Sonic Review if AKAI is ready for the first batch at this period.

1 Like

Iā€™m feeling like the MPC Live, OT and MnM might be my new live performance rig. I could add my AR to the mix but that might be over the top. :cheeky:

2 Likes

There is no midi sequence polyphony, thatā€™s up to the synth you are sequencing, what donā€™t you understand?

I understand it now

Midi has bandwidth limits anyway.

1 Like

Sorry if I came off harsh!

1 Like

I plan to use AR, OT and MPC live as a new rig (+AH at the master, maybe). The OT will be the master clock, and Iā€™m hoping to be able to control the MPC tracks with the OTs MIDI lfoā€™s and CC plocks, while also resamplemangling the MPC and AR with the OTs audio side. As for how to interconnect the audio, still figuring that out.

1 Like

All good sir

2 Likes

I have a rule. Sync it all and Use always Internal Sequencer with the Machine. Except if they arenā€™t one.
But you can do that i guess

I like to have many sequencer running at the same time if Sync is fine. I can focus on task by machine and not to be lost if something goes wrong with midi

Iā€™ll definitely use the OT as a performance mixer in my setup plus plus all the loops and backing tracks Iā€™ll be launching. The MnM for synth and MPC for drums and vocals. This could rival any dj setup.

Also forgot to mention all the poly stabs and piano/organ samples I can play off the MPC!!!

Yeah, I have a feeling I will get lost often with combining three sequencers, but the approach has too many complimentary benefits to not at least try it. I mean, I can automate ARs perf macros with the MPC (over a timespan of several minutes if desired), create pseudo-generative arps and modulation with the OT while adding conditional trigs on the AR. The possibilites are frighteningly vast. If it turns out to be too overwhelming for the benefits, Iā€™ll change my tactic and go simpler.

This would require the MPC supporting multitimbral MIDI input though, like on JJOS. But JJOS didnā€™t support receiving/ sending CC automation multitimbrally, so my idea might not even be possiibleā€¦

Ableton have not made that standalone as far as i know :stuck_out_tongue: (joke with medium quality)

So shoot me, but Iā€™ve got this on pre-order now, at my local dealer.

10 Likes

Does MPC Live have a multiband eq with visual feedback?

Interested to hear the ā€˜vintage simulatorsā€™ they speak about in the sonicstate video. Could get used on a lot of stuff here if sounds authentic and nice and crunchy :wink:

2 Likes