MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

Essential.

7 Likes

The bible is fantastic. Easy to read and follow. The way I like it, simple.

3 Likes

I concur, the MPC Bible is really useful. In my opinion, itā€™s waaaaay better than the Akai manual. The Akai manual is 500-some pages of words dumped into a bag.

6 Likes

I have the bible for for JJOS MPC 2500 and agree, itā€™s a great manual.

Yes, here I am considering buying a second MPC.
Anyone else insatiable enough to have two?

2 Likes

Yes, itā€™s fantastic, well worth the money.

2 Likes

For me the MPC bible is more a lessons book than a technical manual. Great value.

6 Likes

I bought it and then never read it, everything I learned was on the job and tubediggaā€¦

3 Likes

I have a One and Xl and canā€™t go back to the xl. But i did pull it out the other week and i can still fly through it better than the One, but features wise, itā€™s way too big of a downgrade.

1 Like

Thanks that is what I needed!

the more i work with this thing, the more Iā€™m loving it

i cannot help myself but this is going to replace my OT ā€¦ Iā€™m actually transfer all OT projects kit by kit, pattern by pattern, part by part ā€¦ an extremely hard work ā€¦ and the OT will go to the storage sooner or later

The OT is now in itā€™s 10th year since i bought it (2011) ā€¦ the headphone-output doesnā€™t work anymore, the knobs are brown, some scratches here and there ā€¦ maybe the fader is the one thing Iā€™m going to miss ā€¦ but beyond that ā€¦ who knows ā€¦ 10 years after the 10 years i will look at it and ā€¦ ā€¦ ā€¦

5 Likes

I feel you, you will going to miss the crossfaderā€¦thatā€™s what the OT maked so unique.

I actually ended up getting the beyerdynamics in the end cos there was a deal on amazon, I really donā€™t see why theyā€™ve got some bad reviews regarding being harsh sonically, Iā€™m very pleased with them, went back in and had a listen to various mixes Iā€™ve done and theyā€™re a definite step up from just using the ath m40x, very detailed and spaciousā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ve got DT990 pro and been very happy with them. Mind Iā€™m no audiophile, my ears have been battered by way too many metal gigs and club systems to have much finesse left!

Dilemma: Sell MPC 2500 to fund MPC liveā€¦? :grimacing:
Anyone done similar, a 1000 or 2500 flipped for a Live /X/One?

1 Like

Iā€™d only do it if I knew I could get the 2500 back, should I regret the decision. I have a rule about not selling hard-to-replace relics for something still available to buy new. Mind you, if you know you are done with the 2500 (or know you can easily replace it), thatā€™s a different matter.

1 Like

Just out of curiosity, how come nobody seems to consider the Force when looking at the current MPCs?
My path was OT, Live, Force and now I got a Live 2 but still keep the Force.

1 Like

Same, worked all my life in print factories and spent way too much time standing in front of the bass bins at ravesā€¦ :sweat_smile:

1 Like

For me I already had Ableton suite and push 2, way too much overlap to make it a worthwhile endeavourā€¦

2 Likes

Probably pads. Some people really want the bigger 4x4 pads for finger drumming. I personally prefer the smaller 8x8 pads for working with sample chops, can work with more fine grained chops and explore resequencing a little bit easier. Also, the force is pretty darned big, really needs a good stand to lean the screen closer.

The size and sofability are what made me get a Live again.