MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

I’m sort of in the same boat. I was torn between the Live and DT when they both came out. I don’t plan on getting rid of the DT, but the Live is on my radar again.

I’m not really playing out these day, so, for now, I’m not sure that the MPC would bring much to the table. I just added an Arturia BSP (already had a Keystep) and am starting to mess around with NI Komplete and Logic. I had an MPC1K for years so I’m hoping I can do a few MPC-type things with the BSP and Logic that I can’t do with the DT. I figure if I can scratch the itch it will save me a grand.

I’m honestly loving a hybrid setup at the moment. If I was planning on playing out, it would be a different story though.

It helps that I had to get a good computer for work, so it was easy to justify a powerful (and aesthetically pleasing) computer.

1 Like

i have this MPC Live for some weeks now
it’s wonderful!

BUT… Song Transition?

There is a looper, I can even say the loop length…
but…
it this possible for song transition, like with the OT?

There is a looper, and you can resample the main outputs with it IIRC. Problem is, you cannot have the audio continue to play from previous sequence to the next one.

Akai force can play clips from every row in the matrix, so with the force you don’t need to use a looping transition trick. Let’s hope the clip matrix paradigm comes to the MPC boxes in MPC 3.0. The clip matrix paradigm is much more flexible than the oldschool single pattern/sequence paradigm, so I’m pretty sure it will become the SOP going forward.

2 Likes

Thanks, i think i Will buy a korg kp3 for this

That’d be your best bet for now as MPC 3.0 might still be a long time coming.

By the way, are you experienced with the Kaoss pads? I’ve been looking at them for some time now but have hard time understanding which Kaoss Pad would be a best fit for me. All this distinction between KP3+, mini Kaoss Pad, Kaossilator, Kaoss Pad quad etc confuse the hell out of me :nyan: Some claim to be synths, some samplers, all have some fx but they differ between every model etc…

I only knop kp3. Its good for live looping
Fx are disappointing but Some are acceptable

2.5 is out now. Just bugfixes and the new splice integration. They did fix that annoying air channelstrip default compressor setting though, which admittedly made zero sense to begin with as a default setting.

1 Like

Splice integration actually sounds amazing. I had a trial and was using it to get certain drum sounds or synth hits into my digitakt. To have that instant into a standalone sampler is great imo

Their head’s growing and they keep the same old bad attitudes. Instead of put the energy on real improvements, they give us bloatware!
splice… puff

2 Likes

If splice is what keeps the lights on then so be it.

I like using mpc studio black over using my maschine nowadays. Mpc 2.x may not be the prettiest but writing drum loops on it gets more creative for me. Plus I can make a 4/4 sequence then a 6/8 sequence. Song mode is nice to have too

still can’t send samples from my laptop via wi-fi to to god knows what location in that blackbox the MPC filesystem is.
HiHat trills though bro’ !

agree with @v00d00ppl though, if t keeps the lights on… I don’t have to use this

1 Like

yes you can, but you will need a splice account? I thought you can upload samples and projects into splice? If not thats lame

1 Like

i wear tinfoil under my hat and oppose cloud services :alien: … usb cables ain’t that bad

2 Likes

you are making no sense… usb cables only, but wish wifi worked?

fair. the point i was trying to make is that I won’t sign up for a (probably paid) service that hosts my private samples ‘somewhere’, then upload them just so i can re download them … for that I prefer a wired solution.
better?

gotcha

but you could still connect a wifi enabled NAS device into your MPC live and xfer files to the MPC via wifi…

1 Like

Hi.

I’m looking for some help downloading samples from Splice, onto my MPC Live.

I’ve signed up to Splice & have an account. I’ve activated the free trial via the Akai website & have linked my MPC. On the MPC’s Splice preference page it shows that i’m logged in. I can log into my Splice account via the desktop & all is correct but when i try to download a sample i’m taken to the page where i have to register for a 14 day free trial & choose a payment plan. Do i still have to do this? Will it know that i have a 3 month free trial via Akai?

Cheers!

Yes you still need to do that and enter either PayPal or credit card info

1 Like

Thank you.

Ok sorted.

I just needed to add the promo code after payment details. Seems obvious now.

Although it seems that not all samples are available with the free trial.

1 Like