MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

If this is true… it will be the biggest drop of the ball ever. :blush:

I want to have faith tho, I think it’s jus early days nerves. : )

2 Likes

From what I’ve read of recent Akai history, its probably wise to make sure it does what you want it to in its current OS before grabbing one :wink: That’s definitely my plan anyway…

4 Likes

Honestly, that’s good advice for any piece of gear or company. It can be a long time before promised functionality or updates show up…and sometimes even then, they don’t.

2 Likes

I plan to use a pringles mic with mine (battery powered, gives line out heh)

Got it for free during one pringles karaoke campaing (or well, I had to buy two pringles boxes to qualify lol)

3 Likes

Now maybe it’s becoming clearer why it was just that same Rhianna sample over and over…

2 Likes

I get mine tomorrow.

2 Likes

ilok isn’t really a factor for me, i bought this for standalone use anyways

cheers bud - where did you order? moogaudio still tells me spring/summer

Yeah. Unfortunately the Canadian Distributor is not getting them for another 8 weeks or so I was told yesterday. I decided to cancel my pre-order and just order one from the US. I end up paying a little extra. Just didn’t feel like waiting that long.

I’m wishing someone would show what the midi sequencing is like? I’m VERY eager about that and am wanting to see it’s capabilities and comparisons with the Pyramid.

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

So my buddy and I got a call from Guitar Center today. They had one come in which my buddy took home and mine will be in on Monday. I also looked on their site and it says “in stock and ready to ship”. Looks like they are the spot right now.

1 Like

It has been said that (on the Live) you can do something like having a song consisting of many sequences, and then merge all (potentially tens) of them into one long sequence. I can not find this in the manual, where is it?

(Of course, I can copy/paste/merge sequences one-by-one manually, but that’s not my question)

Page 172 Song Mode.
Press Conv->Seq and you are done.

2 Likes

I think it’s a realtime thing. Like you play a bunch of sequences and do automation etc and record that all in to a new sequence? Total guesswork tho, that’s just the impression I got from some earlier posts mentioning this kind of thing on mpc.

Edit - just saw the above post, think I was wrong :wink:

1 Like

2 Likes

Also there is the Next Sequence feature. This can lay your sequences to the pads so you can play each one in real time and record it. You can set the pads to play the sequences until the last bar or have them cut each other off whenever you need to.

1 Like

It is told that there is no need for a hardware dongle…!

Course mate. Standard behaviour. That’s why I hope it doesn’t take years to mature… : )

people still wanna write it off immediately tho was the reason I said it… I think the problem is, I’ve never really known pressure like there’s been on this to release a piece of gear. I genuinely think they probably needed more time.

1 Like

I guess it gets to a point with a big company under an umbrella of a bigger company where the suits eventually say “hey, that’s enough messing about, we need some return” ?!
Likewise if there isn’t enough return, then there’s no money for development etc? They must have a budget to use and when it’s gone, it’s time to claw something back.
Must be a bitter tasting pill for designers/developers when that day comes to a piece of kit that still has potential.

I think they pay the anger of the akai professional products development… and if they dont make this one right. Wow i guess that’s the end for them…

1 Like