MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

First unboxing. This guy got two!

1 Like

why did you buy two dude?

Maybe one for a friend. But I really think he wants to double his money on ebay.

Manual:

3 Likes
1 Like

Hmm, it seems that without owning (and thus, registering) a hardware I cannot download the 2.0 software.

1 Like

Yes i tried too

Yeah, you have to be registered at akaipro.com to download it.

Confusing world we live in where the only two vids people made so far are opening a box and fitting a hard drive :confused:

7 Likes

Yeah surely the os isnā€™t that bad!

2 Likes

any canadian sightings yet?

5 Likes

In the manual says that USB type A connection can be used to hook flash drives,external drives etc.That means that we canā€™t connect a controller for some extra Midi control?Iā€™ve got a QuNeo and a Korg nanoKontrol and iā€™d like to use themā€¦

well, andy mac said here that you can use usb for keyboards

nice manual, btw. really detailed. the only things left for me to know is how stable it is. and how much this cpu can handleā€¦

3 Likes

MPC Live has two USB ports, A and B. One for storage and the other to hook MIDI controllers.

1 Like

Nice to hear it!The thing is will Live give power to the connected controllers?

Thanks for posting the manual Yoko. Just skimmed it, canā€™t see any mention of external midi controlā€¦ Iā€™m interested in the looper, and whether you can be continuously overwriting in replace mode until you switch to playbackā€¦ using a footswitch.

Yes it should give us bus power but donā€™t expect to run alot of amps from it.

Seems unlikely, as you canā€™t connect an USB device to the ā€œBā€ port, but you can connect a host (I.e. Computer). On the other hand, if I remember correctly there are two A ports, I think/hope that you can connect midi usbmidi controllers to them, and this is just a simple omission from the manual.