MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

Either from GS or the MPC forums, cant remember… IIRC this was also stated in the MPC betatester Q&A video by masada which I posted to this thread back when it was originally uploaded.

Rumours about it being pushed back to sometimes around July…

Thanks.

Hmmm…might be able to sneak in another Reverb pedal and save more by July.

1 Like

but did you see any proove of this?

Wouldn’t surprise me if it gets pushed back into Q3 in all honesty. We still haven’t seen this thing sample ffs! It’s all been Andy fannying around with pretty much the same set of samples. Feels a little like Akai shot their load too soon if you ask me.

Still, it’s on my radar. I’m close to selling my Rytm and Keys as I don’t use them enough but guess there isn’t any mad rush on that front.

No, that’s why I called it a rumour.

1 Like

Better to wait rather to have too much to complain about bugs and searching work-arounds all day long :wink:

i think many rumours appear when people are afraid of something

2 Likes

Looks like the MV9000 will be available sooner than the new MPCs…and maybe the better choice, now that the price for the X was increased during the last weekend while not being available :wink:

Which MV9000?

1 Like

the one made with unicorn horns and faerie dust

2 Likes

There are some comments on the MPC User forum about a video where Roland allude to something new coming. It has been taken that they’re talking about an new MV. I’ve not seen this video, so I can’t comment beyond the comments I read,

I bet you the Roland sampler will have some sort of epic design flaw like the ability to only save 16 patterns or something similarly stupid.

2 Likes

It can do anything you could possibly want a sampler to do, telepathic sample transfer. But it only works from 2pm-3pm CT

Like with a lot of rumours and uncertainty about the functions of the upcoming MPC, rumours are around that the MV8800 successor might appear at Musikmesse Frankfurt. If so…uhhh…we might see a MPC-MV-deathbattle. Roland did their homework over the last years. Just imagine a MV with same functionality of a MPC and far beyond, decent pads and HDMI Output (for sure it will have as the 8800 had a VGA and PS/2 port already) and and and…

As we are now in full on rumour mode, what is Native Instrument up to with the price drop on the Studio?
Also, OT2 confirmed.

2 Likes

An MV9000, properly updated from the 8800, could well be a formidable box indeed!

Interesting times ahead. When I originally got into the MPC game around 2011-12, I hoped that one day a situation like we are about to witness soon would materialize.

3 Likes

roland never gave me a real good experience, tbh

You tried the MV8800? Read that a lot of cats love em to bits. Never used one tho, it was either the MV or the 4k and Akai won that round… Been second guessing that decision ever since tbh (as my 4k sees little use these days)

Em, yes we have. There’s an entire video of a beta tester taking the live out on the road and doing field recordings with it then using the sounds in a beat.

1 Like