MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

Yep, the 2500 and 1000 introduced direct recording to tracks and therefore became Music Production Centers. But henryo´s claim that “Technically every MPC ever has been a Digital Audio Workstation.” is wrong.

1 Like

Nothing negative here, only an observation, which I can confirm from other tablet music software myself.

If we are used to use an MPC “old-school” the display is much limited on old devices and we work more with the ear, the finger-tips on the pads, the buttons, and the Q-Links, rather than with fingers on high-res graphics.

IMO the new releases add now better visibility of the waveshapes and much better options to edit midi-content. With my old MPC it seems much more efficient, to record a suboptimal midi performance a second time, rather than to go to midi-edit mode and find that one culprit and get it right. Also the step-sequencing workflow seems to be much better. So there are a couple of features I am looking forward to enjoy using :slight_smile:

1 Like

Chill clickclack, it wasn’t really a claim, it was just a bit of fun on the DAW term, I was just being facetious, not sure why we’re still talking about it :slight_smile:

Even so, I understood what you said. But even the MPC60 was a ‘workstation’ of sorts, dealing directly with digital audio. An analogue input signal flow does not stop it being a Digital Audio Workstation in all but name, just not such a complex one as we’re used to now. As soon as you hit that ADC you’re in the digital domain.

If your argument were true, anyone recording anything from the analogue domain in Logic/Cubase/Ableton/whatever wouldn’t be using a DAW.

Anyway, it’s all good… just please say I don’t have to type the term ‘DAW’ ever again, please?! :grin:

yes you can

1 Like

Is there any pad shortcuts (shift+pad7 etc etc.)? I don´t like the concept of having to tap two times on a screen to get me to program edit etc. It may sound like a small thing, but it´s a deal breaker for me as far as workflow goes.

The darkest of course !

2 Likes

Yeah, that does sound like a small thing :wink: dunno about shortcuts, maybe check the MPC Touch manual?

From what I’ve seen in vids it looks no more long winded/extra button pushes than setting up/editing similar kind of ‘setup’ parameters on my AK/OT…

That still doesn’t make sense. Of course the input is analog, then goes to the a/d converter then get sampled, regardless of a digital input or no!
Either you are confused or poor at explaining your self in English

I´m very chill, because my argument is true.

There is a big difference in arranging samples in a sequencer through midi (like the MPC2000XL and all previous versions) compared to handling audio tracks as well, like a DAW and the MPC2500 and 5000.

There reason we are still talking about is because I see a lot of people falsely claiming stuff on forums without any knowledge about what they are talking about. And since a lot of people read the posts, they pickup on the wrong information.

1 Like

I give up :woman_facepalming:t2:

Anyone seen where I left my Analogue Digital MIDI Audio Production Workstation Center?

In your a… sorry DAW ! :grin:

1 Like

:slight_smile::grinning::grin::joy::sweat::cry::disappointed_relieved::sob:

Whatever DAW or not, I think it’s the beginning of hybrid hardware tablets / computer.
The most important is to have pleasure and efficiency.
Btw, I gonna play my analogue guitar. :wink:

Surely it’s Digital if you play it with your fingers :joy:

6 Likes

I get it, because digits is another term for fingers

1 Like

Thanks, I understood, and the play on words works in french too. :wink:
Ok, I plug it in my delay and now it’s a DAW. I don’t even talk about a looper…:slight_smile:

Talking about Mpc Live, the question for me is :
Is it more reliable than a DAW (like Ableton Live) for live ?
How long is start up, freeze, audio latency ?

I like mixing, audio editing in a DAW (Magix Samplitude/Sequoia), not to play and compose with it. I have vst host (an old Muse Research Receptor and a Vmachine), but it is psychologically impossible to really appreciate it because of Linux/Wine inside. Still don’t know what to think about Mpc Live about that feeling.
I don’t like music on iPads.

I guess it depends on your computer. Because it’s basically a computer with one dedicated purpose.

Yeah I’m with you on this, and wonder about how tight timing will be - guess we have wait and see.

Here…

What us THAT?!

Edit: nvm in picture