MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

Not me. They did that already in the mpc 5000 with a 20 voices virtual analog.

And it actually sounded quite good.

1 Like

A synth of sorts has been a big request for the new MPCā€™s. Wouldnā€™t seem much of a stretch for me to see it introduced in some update.

If it indeed is a synth, I hope it has some sort of FM as wellā€¦ Iā€™ve more than enough subtractive synth voices already at my disposal :nyan:

But! If there are new menus now, that will throw my muscle memory off. AGAIN. Theyā€™d better introduce those MENU + Pad shortcuts soon!

1 Like

true

Yeah, I appreciate that they put the miniak VA engine into the 5000 but having used the Live I have little faith that it could handle this sort of thing without compromise/issues.

Iā€™ve owned a miniak too. Lovely synth actually. I just doubt the hardware could do it justice. A Live 2 on the other handā€¦

You mean in terms of cpu power ?

I think the CPU is there, easily. You couldnā€™t exactly have 4 x 128 effects per drum program on the MPC5000 now could you? A miniak engine would have no probs

Akai Dan already said on the gearsluts forum they donā€™t have the code for the MPC5K synth anymore, which is a shame, as it was the same as the Miniak.

That is quite disappointing to hear!

On the other hand, the AIR virtual instruments that come with the current MPCs are quite good (though I havenā€™t used that much because the MPC software hurts my eyes) so IF there is a synth, it might be good

I was actually a little surprised they didnā€™t shoehorn one of the AIR synths on release.

I remember pre release feeling that Akai were almost deliberately focussing on 3rd party instruments not being supported on hardware to the point that it built up an expectation that a 1st party synth would run on the thing.

A decent synth would quite possibly tempt me back to the Live though. Iā€™m sure loads has changed since I sold mine over a year ago.

Thatā€™s so stupid from themā€¦

1 Like

sheesh, Akai is drumming up hype for 2.3 like its going to be second coming of christā€¦ Now someone rumouring about plugins on GS? Need to buy some more popcorn!

This is starting to sound like Akai is not going to give us what weā€™ve asked, but instead has something new coming to the tableā€¦ tablesalts at the ready!

7 Likes

The hype train is very confusing indeed. Really hoping for the midi to be fleshed out. Been a long time waiting for multi-timbral sequencing.

As in actually usable ? That would be swell :slight_smile:

1 Like

check your accounts, 2.3 is there
downloadingā€¦

4 Likes

Ooh! Ooh! :smiley:

1 Like

Just saying that this is HUGE.
Wh wants to buy my Deluge?

whats in it?

Tell us. Tell us now!