MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

That tapedelay is awesome

2 Likes

yeah, like it too… I like to dial the modulation to close to max setting, nice warbly BoC vibes!

You need a cable like this one:

the rca inputs are only for phono signals

2 Likes

Sweet, thanks. :slight_smile: That inded seems like a yes. Smart strategy.

I wish it had shortcuts, like shift + Pad…

2 Likes

Send a feature suggestion. I’m sure it will be there at some point. They seems to be open to ideas.

3 Likes

is the audio quality good enough to replace a dedicated audio interface?

Depends on the quality of your current sound card.

2 Likes

With that cable you have just use two 1/4" mono plug to RCA jack adapter like this and plug it in Live’s TRS inputs:

connected my analog heat to the MPCs outputs just now. I think the heat just found a new friend :ecstatic:

4 Likes

hmm, am I missing something? the BARS value in a seq is global? ie. no polymetry for indiv. tracks at all?

I dont have a sound card.

1 Like

Assuming MPC Live has same convertors as MPC Touch —id liked it well enough to sell my Apogee Duet 2
Ive never missed the Duet 2 since so its good enough for sure

2 Likes

hope you guys who with the mpc live can make some video to show us more, pls~~

8 Likes

What you want to see?

This plock emulation trick is interesting, but it creates a problem with manipulating the seq data. This problem is familiar to me from the CYCLE mode of mpc1000 / JJOS. The notes get scattered all over the place and become a hassle to manage.

One alternative way to go about this is to use the four available layers per pad for four plock states, which will keep the note/pad data intact. Hmm, with keygroup progs you might even be able to increase this amount…

hi tsutek, I have a live in preorder and wanted to ask
how is the overall sound quality? how are the filters?
does it get particularly hot or like any other hardware piece?

thanks

They overall sound quality is comparacle to a computer + low/low-mid tier audio interface. So, while techniaclly not the best possible quality, many a good record have been done with lesser specs, so certainly workable. Personally I find running the mpc live into the analog heat sounds very decent to my needs, but perhaps people used to working with high end conversion would not be entirely content… IMO @William_WiLD 's comment about cirrus logic is right on the money.

The so-called vintage mode fx’s are growing on me. When I feel like manging a sample, they do a good job of hiding the (in my opinion) ugly sample interpolation.

Still early days with the filters. The lopasses seem to be better than on the 1000, but I am having a hard time finding satisfactory results with the (resonant) hipasses. I do like the fact that there’s LOADS of different filter modes. Especially like the 1 pole lpf for taming high freqs.

The unit doesn’t get hot and is super quiet, making my 2011 MBP seem like a noisy bugger :diddly:

4 Likes

i would love to see how to make sth with MPC Live like this, or manipulate ambient stuff and layering samples,single cycle waveform in keygroup to play chords on midi keyboard~ :smiley:

2 Likes