MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

Yea my thoughts exactly, the size. I don’t gig though at least not at the minute so it would be solely for studio use. I think I’d probably invest in a Live for gigging if I got to that stage, or maybe buy an OT again. If I had the money for any of this that is.

My prob is that I have two locations. I couldn’t decide which location I’d like to have it more in, and it will not fit into any backpack I know of. Elektron boxes as fantastic in this, I can fit all my elektrons with cables to my bigger backpack.

LOL, just realized I haven’t tried to compose any music since preordering my live. GAS can be a major distraction at times :panda:

3 Likes

Same for me ! :frowning: i didn’t like it at all… so next is to GEL the setup and make music.

1 Like

There’s always something to buy… accessories, case, cable, adaptors… sync box, midi tools, …
Always something to buy / need :joy:

We always have Gear in mind but that’s not all… we always forget the EXTRA

Can it midi learn then aswell ? I.e. how does assign to Q Link work?

Damm, now i want it again. (cry)

Thats the whole thing, you can’t map the Qlinks to an external controller. Akai kept that exclusive to Live\X and MPC controllers only.

1 Like

Sad, sooo sad :confused:

1 Like

On another note, I say the Live is very versatile in catering to each one’s workflow. It took me a couple hours to understand the machine and apply my usual workflow and things are running smoothly so far. Bugs I run into are pretty minor like adjusting the panning on one pad can affect another pad if I wanna A and B between the two, best to adjust one at a time. Some screen lag too on certain pages but other than that, it does feel polished and thought out just needs plenty more refining.

Its really cool, just still in the dark of its full potential which I like to see. When Roland had Mike Acosta as frontman for the MV, he was making it do things beyond their advertisement campaign said it can do, thats the type of digging in its full potential I’m talking about.

2 Likes

Reading up on MMC a bit:

So the MPC live supports all these commands, eh? Fascinating… Would love to see similar support for MMC in elektron products (esp. for OT & AR!)

Live: 1199.- EUR across all stores in Germany.
X: 2199.- EUR across all stores in Germany.

Thx Akai for your trustworthy price politics. Hi to alternative products.

1200 euro is what i expect when i see the promo… when they told 999 i say wow incredible how’s possible. i buy again at 1200 no problem. 60 days to return if i don’t like it. Then i coming back to OT or Toraiz or both but not the same month :joy:

2 Likes

They’re lying, Live is a few cm bigger.

And here we go…
The answer from Roland maybe?

1 Like

MV-9000 hahaha
Bitwig inside multitouch and motorized fader, pad from maschine, knob from Kore 3
Screen Projection on the wall :stuck_out_tongue: up to 3 screens projections (Mixer, Arrangements, clip)
Senseo next generation (2 years of Senseo pods for free : 808 strong and mexican, 909 acidulate but 100% Arabica, 707 nuts touch, 606 Fair trade from Brazil)

1 Like

Roland is catering to live musicians now, no more samplers or recording studios in a box. Its soylent green for Roland.

2 Likes

MV9000 would be awesome, but I don’t expect it. They would never promote such a beast via a simple online event only. They would make a bigger show out of it. Just my guess.

I thought the live is only taller? shouldn’t the top plate be identical in size?

ILL-Green is right. Just checked the dimensions:

16.2” x 8.6” Touch
vs
16.7” x 8.8” Live

Will delete the post!

2 Likes

no doubt decksaver and UDG will update their lineup soon to cater to live users. Heck, UDG even makes custom cases for Apollo twin audio interfaces.

Hmm this seems insteresting (ModStep for iPad): https://ask.audio/articles/review-modstep-the-most-powerful-midi-sequencer-for-ios

Anyone tried it? Thoughts on comparing it to the MPC Live?

Given I don’t already have an iPad nor an audio/midi interface for it, it wouldn’t be exactly cheap either, but still much much cheaper than the MPC Live. On the other, I just love the MPC Live concept, and I am still erring on Live’s side, but maybe you can give me some more insight.

And there is also the fear of disappointment, but that applies on both.