MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

Meanwhile a real Standalone with the exact options to Software was too great to be real. They cut the grass somewhere… Everyone new it…

1 Like

I don’t think people are on the case of you buying. I think it’s just that… implying it wont be good enough in any case without any genuine idea, causes a wave of whispers, that end up turning to mis information. You see this constantly. users hunt for a wiff of negativity however small and arm themselves with it for later use. IE to take straight to another thread where it pulsates and rejoices among a few users that enjoy that type of thing. It’s pretty funny, but can be frustrating for those still unsure and looking for answers.

It’s cool you have other things to focus on, and it’s cool if it’s based on money too… it’s cool if others think differently about that. There’s not really any need to explain yourself too deeply about it. :+1:

We’re all after the same things : )

1 Like

Didn’t mean to spread misinformation :wink: was asked why I’d cooled on buying, I replied ‘price hike and only has the weakest realtime timestrech algo in standalone (among other things). I’ll try before I buy’. Then I got bombarded with posts equating to ‘that’s not valid. Just buy it!!’…

1 Like

I’d just like to begin by stating that I have no interest whatsoever in you buying this machine or not.
But I like to scan this thread for interesting information, and have therefore read many of your posts.
So I’m just a bit curious of your thinking:

You complain about it using the “weakest” (probably more like CPU intense) algorithm in standalone. So how can you know, without listening and trying for yourself, that this algorithm is not the best sounding time stretch algorithm that was ever made? And that you like it even more than the other two?

@Callofthevoid getting a bit of a kick in eh!

I’m guessing, in a way, Callofthevoid is comparing to Ableton. Within Ableton there are several algorithms. For my use, Complex Pro is significantly better (and probably cpu intense) than the standard warp algorithm (“beats”?).

So, in all likelihood, it won’t sound as good for many uses. It’s not a big leap to make.

1 Like

@Callofthevoid

Hehe!

4 Likes

Had word jus now (after my seller raised the price) that akai indeed set the price and no reason has yet been given. : /

However pre orders will need to be honoured. :sunny: I guess that is fair enough… if you gambled, you deserve the payoff above all.

Shit if you didn’t buy and now wish you did, but there’s lots of variables that can influence price… even if it’s just suits being greedy. But I doubt it’s that simple. Who knows, we probably will never find out.

If you want it and can find somewhere with it listed cheaper, (loads still with it listed at 799) I’d speak to them now and see if they can honour it, before it changes.

Also eta is still next 25th for them. Not sure why DV where saying 31st but maybe that’s a precaution… better sooner than later etc.

Ugh. I’m just curious to hear the standalone realtime timestrech before I consider to buy it. That’s all I’ve said! Not as rich as some dudes on here so purchases involve ballache/selling stuff. I can’t be flippant about £960. Seems rational enough to me but this forum can be a confusing place lately…

1 Like

Exactly :slight_smile: And Kontakt has similar degrees of quality in its different algos too. Impossible to use a single sample from youtube or wherever as a Polyphonic instrument that sounds decent (imo) using the weakest/drum focused algos. Was just saying I wanna hear the standalone algo before buying, dunno how that’s offended anyone except for possibly Akai :confused:

[quote=“Callofthevoid, post:3402, topic:32978, full:true”] only has the weakest realtime timestrech algo in standalone
[/quote]

This is all I was getting at really. And an implication it may be bad… was Wondering where it came from.
All good in the hood tho as it’s seemingly plenty powerful enough for its intentions… tho I haven’t witnessed it myself.

Peaze

1 Like

Sorry guys. I haven’t been able to make a video with the Live. Still learning. It’s not something like the Octatrack where it has me scratching my head on how to operate. It’s easy to get going but hard to show off and communicate features when you don’t really know the machine.

I’ve had it now for 2 weeks at least. It’s a great piece of kit. I was hell bent on getting the Mpc X but when Akai did the roll out of these machines and how they were released I cancelled my pre order and snatched a Live. I’d love the extra I/O but it’s not a deal breaker in the end.

You can ask me questions and I’ll be as straight the point as I can get.

For me personally. After using the Live in it’s current state. I do not believe it is worth the price increase. And for anyone ordering the Mpc X, I feel you will be personally let down when you realize the water down OS out of the gate in Standalone. You can only hope that they update the hell out of it.

The hard part is it’s a double edged sword. Your damned if you do and damned if you don’t. I’ve waited for a standalone Mpc for years. Mostly in my dreams. This is what came. It’s a take it or leave it and wait type deal, as much as no one including myself wants to say.

My advice. As an owner.

TRY BEFORE YOU BUY !!!

If a buddy has one. Put hands on it. Don’t just take their word that you will love it and it will fit and elevate your work flow.

TRY BEFORE YOU BUY !!!

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing… tho would be helpful if you Can elaborate on why you feel it’s not worth the extra.
If you find time, Can you compare it to other things in the price range or less that offers what you feel LIVE lacks ?!
And most importantly What needs to be “updated the hell out of” specifically in order for it to be worth “the extra” …

Thanks, your time is apreciated.

1 Like

all the prices just jumped in Switzerland too. 999 yesterday, 1199 today. Definitely off the list now and my eyes back on Digitakt.

For me, 999 to 1199 is quite a difference. We know what the planned price was, so the increase is just hard to swallow. It probably would have been more accepted if this was the price to start off with. I have a DAW solution so the increase in price just puts out of the range of interest, and refocuses my interest elsewhere. MPC Live is now a luxury rather than a must have for me.

Sorry for not going into detail. I’m out the door. I will reply later today with a list for you. This is just my personal opinion. Everyones needs are different. I just don’t feel the Mpc X is worth what they have it listed for. The options available.

I hear you. It’s a bummer after thinking it was such a bargain. Fair enough if the extra cost isn’t worth it… Tho if the features are still unique, to you, I think it’s still worth the price, looking hard at the completion. I think ittle jus take a month to get used too after the drama settles.

Not to mention the OS isn’t yet official. So value is difficult to judge at the minute.

1 Like

I can afford to wait, or buy something else in the meantime. Its not something I desperately need but would add value to my workflow. So it can wait.

1 Like

Cheers, no worries, jus when you have time, tho I thought you where talking about the LIVE sorry. I have no interest in the X, looking at it now, yeah damn that does seem expensive.

I agree, as an owner myself, its pretty fast to pick up. And I’m coming from an MPC500 with hardly any visuals.

I would like to know what hinders you about the Live, maybe you should make a vid about why its not worth it.

Did you try the real time time stretching in standalone?

1 Like