MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

in german online stores the price goes up as well to 1.199 €

Still 994€ at my local Finnish retailer, and hoping it stays that way… Would be a lil unfair IMO that peeps in the US get early access, plus discounted price, than what will be later available in europe… Is this “making Amurrica great again”?

Seems like progressively everyone up their price to 1 199,00 € and claim that Public advised price is 1262,00 € and they put you make a 4% discount

But of course nobody have it in STOCK for now ! Everybody seem to think or know they will have a gigantic rush on this item :stuck_out_tongue:

£200/200euro is a big hike. Not cool if it turns out that way and it’s something Akai have ‘chosen’ to do last minute. Like get everyone hyped and in to the idea of grabbing one at £800 then figure ‘a lot people want this and talk in forums of being good value, let’s charge more!’. But god knows the reasons or what price will be the reality…

I think people who ordered at 999 in pre-order should get it at 999

2 Likes

Still 1599 in australia wonder how long that will last. No price hikes thanks as it is already pricey.

2 Likes

I’ve paid 750 and The deals done so I won’t be paying another penny with a receipt.

I’m jus not sure how they’d get away with it tbh, not before it’s released without any word of a special pricing?! so I’d jus ignore the online hype till it’s out.

I guess if there’s a rumour of a price hike and a few jump on it, resellers don’t wanna under sell so they all follow up there prices ? My guess is if you message them you’d find out why…

Fingers crossed for everyone tho. ; /

That’s $100 more than where it started too. I’ve pre-ordered at that price, but I half expect to get a call asking to cough up more.

ETA here is mid-late June from what I can hear.

1 Like

Also the MPC X is $2899, a price hike will push it over $3000:angry:

They told me that as I already had the pre-order made, they will keep the initial price. Anyway, I wanted to wait to get more opinions from users before buying and now, I must decide whether to buy 990 euros “blind” or wait and pay 1200. It sucks!

Pay 990 euros Blind because if it’s not suit you you have probably 30 days at least to return, or at the end if price drop you can sell it second hand (MINT) at the same price 990! as it’s hype be sure people who are looking for it second hand and I bet you will find someone to buy yours at 990 :wink:

4 Likes

Deffo buy it at the lesser price and return it if you change your mind. You will almost certainly regret it if you don’t and these prices turn out to be genuine…

I suppose the only thing to good to be true was the price… mad thing is I never pre order anything. :flushed:

EDIT - was beat too my reply. :blush:

Still the Same price everywhere here tho. Bar 1 …

Note the £79 obe is a pre order amount.

I think you guys are right…

1 Like

I just wish the footswitch feature was confirmed to be forthcoming for the live. Footswitching to record/overdub is vital in my MPC workflow. If it will never come to the live, I need to either go for the X or cancel altogether and go with something else (like a circlon or pyramid + digitakt). I suppose I need to ask Dan @ GS to know for sure…

Can a midi/USB controller not do the same ?

Edit - but yeah if it’s a foot pedal you need as a deal breaker I recommend asking a person that knows for sure.

Yes this is way out of reach.

Shit. Do I go for it and pay the full whack up front at £799 or wait it out.

One thing is for sure. I ain’t paying £999. Not a question of worth, more a question of principle.

The current MIDI/USB remote control implementation of the MPC 2.0 software does not expose the footswitch controls, so no other way to punch rec/overdub on/off ATM I’m afraid. If MIDI worked then I’d be good, as many MIDI footswitches/pedals exist.

1 Like
1 Like