MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

Just had a play about with the 1.9 software. Actually hadn’t realised many plugins all map to q-links automatically and the likes. Certainly for the NI stuff anyway (though sadly not Omnisphere 2 from what I can tell).

Might not be a big deal for many but that’s a big thumbs up from me and starts to build further on the work flow I’m building in my head. Still not pulled the trigger on a pre-order, may hold off for a few months, but there remains a huge appeal with the Live.

2 Likes

A friend is going to Superbooth in a couple of weeks and i specifically asked him to demo the MPC Live for me…Let’s see how it goes…

1 Like

Are you sure it is only 64 tracks? I thought it was 128 tracks. I thought there is an additional 4 banks.

Yeah, standalone is 8 audio tracks and 128 MIDI tracks.

3 Likes

Regardless, I am pretty sure even with 64 tracks that should be more than enough to work something out! I never come close to using all the tracks on my 1000!

64 voices polyphony with 8 audio tracks in standalone mode and in controller mode limit by your computer specs…

Of course thats way overkill if used to write a song, but for me high track counts come in handy when contructing live sets.

1 Like

64 voices with 128 total tracks. that includes all midi, drum, instrument, loop and audio tracks.

Touché salesman

1 Like

it has so many features, that seems to be killer… all and foremost the integration… use standalone, than open it in daw as plug in… and if you go for mixing, just drag and drop sequences in your daw, that will become audio-files… heavy… or even use just the plugin, while your hardware is still in the studio :slight_smile:

also the audiotracks might enable some kind of looper-functionality… this would be killer…

and yeah… for all my hardware, the polyphonic midi-sequencer is great…

just ordered it… hopefully end of april is still the date to go and i am buyer in the first shipping round…

Beside the question how the algorythmn works, i think its not the best sounding on the market… seems a little crushed when stretched to heavy… however… i like this feature :slight_smile:

though audiotracks can be quantized to tempo… i think its calculation basis is only the whole length of the sample… everything else seems to be to heavy to process for a standalone-box, right?

Yeah I don’t think there’s any audio quantize/warp markers etc on the mpc. Would love to see that in hardware. Messing with warp markers in Ableton seems like it’s still something worth hitting the computer for (along with the rest of push + Simpler functionality…).

yes, it is… For finalizing (not just in case of timestretching) a dedicated daw its still necessary… But also here the little, little feature of just drag and drop a mpc sequence into a daw, that directly becomes a audiofile is really great hands on…
at least the mpc is just a good netbook with cool controlers and a touchscreen… love that kind of integration :slight_smile:

1 Like

Beat making in Live…Check out his other videos too…

Thomann date changed to May the 12, 2017

for the live? sheesh

yupp, my retailer updated to “shipping in may” as well :nej:

Anyone notice any vids where they browsed and loaded Keygroup instruments? Hoping it’s pretty snappy to audition sounds in this way. If it’s like loading Kontakt instruments 5+ years ago (on the shitty computer I had at the time) then it’s gonna test my patience a little. Not a dealbreaker tho…

Stoked to see this feature on the Live. Similar to Korg Microsampler sampling options. This + slice by transient etc are things Elektron should squeeze in to OT/DT/OT2…

4 Likes

Still 15.04 at Musicstore. I bet they are just lazy.

1 Like

As in the video in musikmesse the man said next month… il will be in may probably. It’s boring theese launch date, always delayed… from february initial estimation then april then may so delayed by 3month i hope it will not be a quarter…

1 Like