MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

Yea Mpc live is more than a sketchpad tho ye see. You could easily write complete productions on it from start to finish.
Both akai and elektron could do with releasing some decent demos right about now, agreed.

The demos are terrible though the information released behind them is good for picturing how it will work with your production. In fact i find most company demos pretty rubbish. Itā€™s when producers and performers get them and make videos you get better demos as they arenā€™t trying to show basic features.

And yes that xy filter is horrible :slight_smile:

No decent demos out there yet. Think of what youā€™ve seen so far as similar to the presets on most synths. Normally they suckā€¦ Or the fact I hated like 95% of the Analog Four/Keys vids I saw, but saw like 2 or 3 videos that let me hear something similar to what Iā€™d do with it and I grabbed one. You might be waiting a long time to catch a Live video that you can relate toā€¦

Doesnā€™t really seem that necessary with the Live tho, itā€™s not a synth, all the features are pretty well documented now. You can imagine the kinda sounds youā€™ll throw in to it and what youā€™ll do with themā€¦ A ton of options inside. Iā€™m more interested to hear that its solid and no bugs. If yes then Iā€™ll order sharpishā€¦

If you add extra hardware to an iPad you will soon be again in a tangle of wires and boxes ā€¦ :wink: Thatā€™s not what a ā€œstand-aloneā€ unit is meant to be. And ā€¦ to hook up a midi-controller to any device, may limit the sensitivities. If have some gear, which uses higher resolution on their own controls, as midi provides. That makes a big difference.

Donā€™t expect MPC-wizards on the new units already. Itā€™s quite a difference to show-off gear at a trade-show, or having done many successful tracks already. Thatā€™s, what setā€™s off Cenk from the masses, if it comes down to Elektron. He works with Elektron devices on a day-by-day basis, shares his insight and experience, and is an outstanding musician too. That is rare.

I would suggest, get an impression about what people can do with a MPC in general by watching some MPC 1000, 2000 etc. demos and tutorials. There are some videos in the net, where ā€œchaps are killing the MPCā€. Much of this will be close to Hip-Hop, but also live performances. I think, itā€™s important to see, what an experienced musican can achieve. There are also some good ā€œhow-toā€ videos out there. Just google for MPC and you will find :wink:

If you like, what you see done on the veteran MPCs, you will like the Live or X too, because, if the marketing was not too exaggerating, the new ones will have many improvements.

7 Likes

Ohhhh - nooooo - not him again, please :sob:

The main man :slight_smile:

Akais hector

Okayā€¦ I was like ā€œtypical internet overreactionā€ about the comments to that videoā€¦

But, my apologies to all of you! That video is terrible. Akai should be scrambling to release something that takes peopleā€™s attention off that video :smile:

The marketing leading up to release has been totally akaiā€™d.

4 Likes

Mpc standalone challange is good marketing though

1 Like

+1

Let me think. 128 tracks, 64 voices ,separate outs, audio inputs, turntable inputs, midi i/o, 2 usb ports, 2 gigs of ram or a ipad? Idk which to pick. :confused:

1 Like

Lemons does like his apples!

1 Like

Iā€™m just trying to understand it, maybe it is for me after all. I just havenā€™t seen anything about the interface or heard anything about the sound that makes me want to buy it so far. Sorry if I am not overly enthusiastic fanboy about everything like you.

Ipad is a lot more than just the name too :slight_smile:

What about closing all about Dt and mpc but oneā€¦ only bllsht here

Sorry itā€™s just that by reading your posts it seemed like the whole ā€œportable all in oneā€ thing didnā€™t mean much to you, and that is the ā€œfussā€. If you donā€™t mind being tethered to a computer/iPad than perhaps the new mpcā€™s arenā€™t for you, thatā€™s allā€¦ I tend to feel that if a piece of gear is right for you, you just know it, and if you have to be convinced, than its probably not for you, but that is just my opinion. And it just seemed a little off topic about iPads, but whatever. Not sure why you see me as a ā€œfanboyā€, Iā€™m not interested in an MPC or Digitakt or any new gear, nor have I been praising any of it, been mostly objective. I am overly positive though, which ironically annoys peopleā€¦
Nothing personal man, carry onā€¦

1 Like

Please, letā€™s chat as gentlemen + nothing personal + on the topic.
There are guidelines / behavior standards that I shouldnā€™t have to remind.
Trolling is not expected.

5 Likes

Iā€™m unsure - By Trolling are we talking about that demo video ? : )

That video could potentially spawn a genre of intentionally bad feature/review videosā€¦I mean, were we being trolled by him and didnā€™t realize it???

1 Like