MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

I think it has a song mode where you can set your sequences into an order to create an arrangement. And a next sequence mode where you can jam out arrangement ideas with the pads.
But a daw style left to right view, doubt it, this is still an mpc!
I think you can edit and arrange the audio tracks individually in that fashion tho. And you can turn songs into individual sequences (like merging several sequences into the one long one) and you could then go and view each track from left to right like that. Again tho, keep in mind the mpc workflow, this is that but improved, not ableton live or reason in hardware!

Yeah, old mpc was cut or copy from bar/beat/note to bar/beat/note then paste to same thing. Or I am pretty sure there is a duplicate sequence option to easily double its length, but I am not 100% on that right now, I am away from home for a few mo this and don’t have my MPC with me!

You know Ableton and Akai are in bed together. MPC 2.0 has Ableton Lives time stretching algorithms. They worked together with Push and all of the APC hardware. Also we will be able to drag and drop clips from Ableton straight into MPC 2.0 and use MPC 2.0 as a plugin for Ableton.

Thank you! It’s been around for some time!

5:10 ish is interesting, that the vst controls are mapped to the X in controller mode. I wonder how it will be implemented on the live?

Yeah, I wasn’t speculating on Akai and Abes being in bed together, everyone is aware of that. I was speculating that there is something huge on the horizon between the 2 companies (more Link enabled hardware with Ableton branding on, especially designed for live performance and dropping with Live 10 perhaps!?) We are potentially in for a treat.

Are you stating facts in your post about the algorithms and clip sharing or is that speculation? Did I miss something?

Yes that was mentioned in one of the countless videos I’ve seen. I forget which one

Thanks, I missed that. I still think there is something new and huge coming from the Ableton camp which Akai have a hand in…based on that conversation with Andy in the vid, more than just algorithms and clips. We’ll see.

I think he was talking out of his behind fwiw. They’re not doing a full rewrite, very very much doubt that. It’s just good PR to say things like that to reassure people who have had problems in the past.

There is a post in Akai MPC group with some dude playing with the X(probably at NAMM).
The video is nothing special but he answer questions. Will copy/paste some of his posts.
Hers is the link(closed group): https://www.facebook.com/groups/8712498445/

It was dope, the latency is great and didn’t find any issues with software either. I got around pretty easily

Loading was as fast as any other sampler like say kontakt or maschine/mpc software…project was an extra second or two to load. Not as fast as we are used to with our DAWs, but waaaay faster than any mpc from the past

Pads were better than anything else…right up there with MPC 2000xl and the 3000/60 pads

Did it have different sampling modes? could you select an MPC2000xl style/mode which would emulate the preamp/bitrate?

Sp12,sp1200, mpc60 and 3000

The preamp is toatally bypassed if a 1/4 cable is inserted too, so if you have an external pre, your signal doesn’t touch the mpc circuit

Yea, honestly they thought of everything…even the a/d is top notch i mean top…I mean a certain company with a Greek God’s name for its product😉, type of top…same converters and analog components as it

Is there a slight latency when u hit the pads or are they instantaneous?

Nah it’s on point, I couldn’t find anything wrong with it…

Find the video in his personal profile but the comments that i pasted are from the mpc group:

3 Likes

This

1 Like

UAD Apollo? Hmmm can’t be.

1 Like

Rihanna’s Other Crib - Somewhere in LA…

Akai Exec: so we’re launching the MPC Live and we wanna use some of your work for the demos

Rihanna: MP the fuck what?

Rihanna’s Manager: it’s a groove box girl, producers use it to make beats n shit

Rihanna: Do I get paid?

Rihanna’s Manager: sure

Rihanna: is Akai Dan involved?

Akai Exec: nope

Rihanna: Let’s do it

2 Likes

I thought she might be out with Dan out.

1 Like

Caveat Emptor - Remember it’s the same AKAI that gave us …

6 Likes

haha this is awesome
not too short of a tim & eric sketch
made me feel a little bad for Dan though

Harsh. Have you ever designed and built an MPC? :-1:

Let it go. Where’s your empathy dude.

1 Like

man, this thing does seem pretty slick

I will NEVER sell my Octatrack beacause it’s the first Hardware Sampler that got pitch & time algorithms musically useful and as a result helped me through challenging projects. I will buy MPC X and maybe live because MPCs bin good to me then to present.

http://www.akaipro.com/kb/article/2223#OS

2 Likes