MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

Right?
Some people’s children ffs!

3 Likes

Of course i only made my point to explain you my particular case witch is really subjective and for my scenario. I agree with you on the Mixing notion. But IF I had very high end mixing desk + studio compressor, reverb etc… i’m pretty sure i could live without a Daw and Computer…

Anyway, I think answers oriented a bit like “convert someone” … do not serve much … I do not know your ages and professional experiences … so I will avoid this angle of answers (AND HERE I Speaking to everyone not only JD :wink: )

Please no need to league someone against one (or at least, Numerical inferiority can be perceive like this). If MPC Live is not his thing, hey it’s ok :stuck_out_tongue: We’re not Akai salesman neither elektron, neither Pioneer so :wink:

Be cool ! The only thing everyone must to have in mind is making music and take pleasure with it.
WE DON’t CARE ABOUT TOOLS because that’s just tools ! at some point they passed away, we change from one to another… only 2 things stay there : the first forever = your music ! and second one not forever Sadly is YOU !

Peace, Love and Unity

2 Likes

I guess that’s why i said that. There’s people who prefer Ears angle + Focus on music, People who prefer Visual comfort + no limitation and the OTHER (i’m in this group) who actually like both for their advantage especially.

The amount of creative mileage I got out of an OP- 1 I can’t wait to see what is achievable with this new MPC.

4 Likes

I find it funny folks are comparing the digitakt to the mpc’s. Seem like different animals to me, they just are happening to come out at the same time. Ones a mobile production and recording device, the others a drum machine, some overlap but not much…

7 Likes

Yeah seems like some of the workflow will be comparable to Op1. The 8 track timestrechable/pitchable multitrack seems basically a more advanced Op1 tape. Hope it’s as fast to fly around and resample to and from ‘tape’ as on the OP1.

1 Like

I’m just hoping that they wouldn’t screw this one up. I’m done with buying stuff that “is supposed to work soon”.

Just, make it do what it says on the tin. Please?

Things I really like about this one:

• I’ve spent a lot of time trying to figure out a “main setup” and a “sofa setup” and ways to make the two talk to each other. The MPC Live with its battery and promise of seamless integration with a DAW ticks this box like nothing before. This was one of the reasons I couldn’t justify keeping the OP-1 around - it’s too much of a lonely island.

• The pads. I started with hardware with an MPC1000, and after that, Rytm pads don’t cut it.

• Easy chopping. The lazy chopping looks easier than anything else I’ve seen used for chopping – threshold chopping included

• Combo of audio tracks + other tracks – This could enable me to actually play some guitar and bass in.

There’s more, but that’s the shortlist.

3 Likes

And the sequencer was so good that they released it same year as the MPC60 as the standalone ASQ-10 - an amazing linear sequencer, no sampling, no pads, just… sequencing, lots of groovy sequencing.

1 Like

you guys complain about shit way too much

4 Likes

Rytm pads are pretty bad. But you get used to it lol.

2 Likes

Quite possibly the worst pads ever put on a machine! :loopy: Still my go to drumnmachine!!

4 Likes

I got the confirmation from Native Instruments, that in 2.6 there will be midi macros with midi scenes in Maschine.

This means midi scenes like we wished on octatrack, with configurable resolution time from one midi scene to a different one.

I have some issues with NI Maschine in standalone though, the midi sequencing sometimes does stop without any obvious reason, i was just overdubbing some notes. Maybe its my Midi Interface - but if i switched to direct usb midi the problem was still there - no midi out to the prophet. Not sure, its a bit annoying, maybe i get back to the Octatrack for sequencing, or will wait what MPC live brings to the table.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Yess…managed to sell my maxed and blacked out MPC 5000 for a very good price and preordered the MPC X instead.

Will need to wait some weeks…but this is one of those waits which is managable. In fact…This will be a short wait after waiting for more than half a year for my Cirklon.

3 Likes

I have never got Machine 2.x to run reliable with outboard-midi gear on a PC. Had unpredictable midi-events too often and changed to Ableton after having tested and stressed Live. This time NI might get things right, hopefully.

1 Like

Mostly already available info but interesting to hear/reaffirm the fact this is just the release functions and way more ahead. And there’s a ton there already. Akai are obvs dead serious about their software, v2 being the evolution of what people have been using on Touch or Ren etc. It’s ongoing. So you’d imagine that function updates (he mentions standalone fx and onboard synth…) will be a big deal, widespread across the OS, when they come. Like Daw updates. Future looks interesting…

1 Like

Thanks for the video … interesting information … more in-depth :wink:

That “bouncing” down at computer side and go to stand-alone-mode to is not really something like a smooth workflow. There is only limited quantitiy of “audio-tracks”. It’s more of bouncing down to stems and go stand-alone frome there. A “drag’n drop” would be great.

Recording to clip mode would be also important without the need to “stop”, but it’s not in yet. Sad.

A synth would be great! Love to have the synth on the MPC 5k.