MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

Dan, the Akai rep, said that they don´t run on Win10 one of the videos in this thread.

true! for sure that neat package
…mpc live is a computer btw. my point is to build it’s power on another platform, like I did with organelle which at least is a cheap raspberry zero in a case.

i think if you build a nice case you’re able to achieve same results if you concentrate on this one task! talking 'bout a little laptop doesn’t mean to surf the innernet it’s more for poweruse of its CPU and ram with mpc 2,0, which is basically the same with more power.

but yeah it’s appealing for sure.

1 Like

Looks snappy

4 Likes

They had me at “Hi”. Im such a sucker for this stuff.

1 Like

it’s cool it is!

3 Likes

Massive leap forward. This is going to be revolutionary in a portable package under a grand! Wow!

3 Likes
3 Likes

The layout of the MPC X makes total sense to me. Looks very intuitive.

2 Likes

the coolest thing for me about this, and the thing that makes it the most appealing is the fact that it runs the same software in the standalone unit as the computer, so you can just open the same project in either environment, with the same controls and functions… thats fucking huge - its a big deal… you can make a monster set with all kinds of shit, bounce down a few tracks, transfer it to the unit and then take that alone on the road and just rock out with it… thats unbelievably bad ass - actually its what Native Instruments should have done with Maschine years ago… they really should have got a jump on this before now since they own and develop all those VSTs anyway

or if Ableton made a standalone Push… i wouldnt be surprised if they are thinking more about it now

hopefully it will be a trend - it needs to be

9 Likes

how do you kno bout the lfo? and do you know about destinations?

@invisible_acropolis
dont get too horny about the software stuff, the last version did not even bring sidechain comp

also new features are exciting but what about sound(and)quality?
shouldnt that be a primary concern?

Can’t remember where I saw lfo info or whether it was v2. Destinations were very basic tho. No fx params for example. Maybe they changed/improved it for v2 tho or will later?

I haven’t seen any fancy ‘Elektron LFO Tricks’ on these MPC X videos yet and only repetition of what was already shown on the Live… Nevertheless it’s a cool standalone DAW, but I wouldn’t expect that ‘Elektron Depth’ of fooling around with sounds the way we are used to :wink:

2 Likes

Yeh looks like automation/fx/resample will be the kind of workflow needed if you wanna really mess with stuff. I quite like the idea of that tho. Had good results fast on Volca Keys (onboard automation) with that kind of workflow recorded in to OT (as loops or long, disjointed phrases) in the past.

Maybe they’ll add further LFO depth etc later on. Not dealbreaker for me personally tho, not really what I’m looking at the MPC for…

I’m now considering the X, but can’t really justify the space…

2 Likes

Yeah those expanded function knobs look good… Kills the portability vibe tho and I don’t have space for it anyway (kind of a relief having the decision made for me :wink:

Both format factor pleased me. Not the bill at the end thought

1 Like

The X looks awesome. Only problem is the screen will block my other goodies!

3 Likes

Took me some time to persuade myself, but now it’s done: sold my MPC1000, SP404SX and TR-8 within a few days and have enough space again to welcome a MPC X.
Wonder if I could even sell my Tascam DP 32. The X might be capable to do this job as well?! 6 out of the 8 Tascam Inputs are still virgin and I assume I will never need those additional ones.

4 Likes

Do you have any problems with keeping the screen still on the pan adjust/eq screen? That bugger always been a problem with my sd32