Mozaic iOS as OT scenes midi rerouter

I’ve never had a computer programming lesson in my life and am complete novice. But, I got Mozaic iOS in the BF sale with the aim of scripting a midi processor for OT scenes. Just wandering if any OT users here are using Mozaic for processing midi from the OT. I posted a request for assistance on the Audiobus forum. Any tips here or in the Audiobus Mozaic thread would be great.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/721855/#Comment_721855

what’s the target for the shifted midi data? will it go back to the OT?

For now, just ios synths and effects in AUM

I don’t understand what do you want to do with scenes CC (55/56)?
Mapping crossfader CC48 to other CCs is obvious, but you want to set it differently depending on scenes?

Many thanks @sezare56

E.g. I’ve got the morph control on a synth set to receive on CC#22

I want to remap values 0-15 received from CC# 55 and 56 to a defined set of 16 values between 0-127 to send on #22. In the script I need to retain the last two remapped values selected (from Scene Sel A and B ) and transition between them with CC#48.

As I’m sure you can, see the aim is to replicate scenes for a couple of CC destinations with smooth transitions between up to 16 values.

IIRC you have, or had, the Midi Solutions Processor +. I downloaded the software programmer to check it out and it’s very neat! But I’m not certain it’s possible to do the above. I didn’t see a way of assigning variable values for the target CC,

I’m interested in, but I still don’t get how do you want to proceed.
You want to map CC48 to CC22, and set min / max values with scenes A/B?

For something flexible I think a midi learn script is better.

I still have the EPP, RK002, MIDIPAL…

I made something related, but kind of opposite : I mapped crossfader’s CC48 to scenes changes.
Bad quality example, but it gives an idea : you can see scenes change depending on crossfader at the beginning and at 1mn. Huge possibilities.

1 Like

Exactly! You’re concise description of what I’m trying to do makes me reassess how to (attempting to) write the Mozaic script!

1 Like

16 values per scene. 16*8=128
Can you multiply by 8 with Mozaic?

The problem is that with your script idea it’s hard to use scenes on the OT.

I’d rather use 2 specific CCs to set min/max, and send them with midi tracks.
@Skypainter! EDITED! :smile:

1 Like

Will have to check.

With what I’m working on, I’m wanting to set/adapt/tune synth modulation changes according to what’s going on in the audio scenes. Sometimes modulation changes on a CC in, say, only 5 of the scenes. Using two midi tracks, as I understand, gives only two scenes per pattern and no way to disengage on certain scenes.

Thanks to you I’m rethinking how to attempt the Mozaic script: Use CCs 55 + 56 values 0-15 to select 8 min and 8 max values [from an assigned/scripted array]; and see if it’s possible to use inversion, or ignore min, if max = less than min.