Moving the start position of sequence

Was working on the a4 yesterday an ended up making a great start to a track , sounds great looped but the way I’ve programmed it, not really thinking. It starts on what should be beat 2 so the start should be the beat before, its a longish sequence 64 steps so hard to just change it.

was wondering if theres away to move the start point or to move the sequencer forwards a beat?

I can do this on my beatstep pro its great, hopefully i can on the a4 or I’m just going to have to write each note down program it again.

thanks let me know

1 Like

Being in grid-recording mode, hold function and hit the arrows left/right to shift the whole sequence to the left or right ; )

6 Likes

This works while in regular editing mode as well (the mode when you just hit the record button).

1 Like

my bad, used to call this regular editing mode step recording… thx for the hint

Edit: it’s corrected now in my previous post

1 Like

Oh, I see. I just tried it in step-recording mode now, and it doesn’t work there. So, okay, only in regular editing mode (or whatever it’s actually called) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

belter!

Thank you very much, just saved me about 3 hours

OMG! So many times copying and pasting trig by trig :astonished:

Now I need to try this on the digis.

1 Like

Me too! Just love these questions that might seem old news to some but I forget and am delighted with hearing this again! (I seem to end up focussing on 1 synth’s skills at a time, and back-slide on the others). Only human

Pretty sure this works on all Elektrons except MM and MD. :slight_smile:

It also works with MnM and MD :+1:

Such an essential feature, I need it all the time to fix my fails :grin:

2 Likes

Ah nice!

Hi Is it working in some ways on the Octatrack ? I tried that, but it’s not working …

If I remember correctly, on grid recording mode, hold function and hit left or right arrow key as many times as you wish steps to move.

1 Like

Hey! How can you do this actually in the BSP? I will be amazed as cant find anywhere.

It works Thanks !