MOTU Ultralite MK5

CueMix 5 iOS/iPadOS/macOS (M1 Mac) app for UltraLite-mk5 (or other MOTU Gen5 product). Apple App Store link.

3 Likes

Anyone know if you can route cue mix to a controller of some kind?

1 Like

holy shit this is exciting. have wished for this so intensely but never thought it would happen.

iOS compatibility:

The UltraLite-mk5 is USB audio class compliant, giving you plug-and-play compatibility with iPad® and other Apple® iOS devices. Record on-the-go, directly to your iPad, or play backing tracks during a gig, mixed with your live inputs with the UltraLite-mk5’s built-in mixing. Control everything from the CueMix 5™ mixing app on your iPad or iPhone.

Wowzers.

3 Likes

Thank you for posting this information. I never even considered something like this would be a possibility. But, I guess with the M1 and the direction Apple is headed (the singularity! lol), it makes sense.

1 Like

Oh wow, so they have the Cuemix app on the iPad now. That is really cool.

2 Likes

Looks like that’s still not possible. Hope I’m wrong.

You can also use the browser based mixer of any Motu AVB interface when it is just connected with USB. The ethernet port is only required when you want to use the AVB streams.

For class compliant mode, you need the ethernet. I should have been more specific as I use iOS.
I sometimes forget people are stuck in the old paradigm and still use computers :stuck_out_tongue:

how viable are the original ultralites these days as audio interfaces?

Depends on your needs for “viability”.

Using the support tab at MOTU.com will tell you that drivers for the original Ultralite only go to MacOS 10.13 and Windows 8. Last updated in 2017 and 2015, respectively.

4 Likes

I used em since the release of MK1. Very viable/expandable more so with AVB

1 Like

talking about the original one specifically though?

so does this mean that it wouldn’t even run on mojave latest update?

A perfect question for MOTU support.

3 Likes

I’m actually running MK1 on Mojave.

I have the driver install for it. When you install it says “this app may not werk”. But, it does!

I use it still to send cv from Reaktor blocks or VCV to my euro.

I’ve had MANY MOTUs. Starting back in 2000. All have been awesome. Currently standing fast with 828es. Recently sold Ultralite AVB and 8A cuz that was overkill.

2 Likes

Uh oh…

Great to see the Ultralite lineage continue. I had a Mk2 back in the day and it was such a workhorse. Having that many times ins and outs is just so advantageous, there really isn’t another product on the market in such a tiny form factor. I could be tempted to head back to MOTU depending on how reviews and real world use goes. There were documented issues on the M units and I feel like production has been spotty for a while. Will be interested to see how it pans out.

Hopefully, IP Connect is a 2nd option to connect?

My gut is telling me that points to the cuemix on a computer for remote control… :frowning:
But I could be wrong. Just downloaded the app to see what I could explore without a device connected.