Most addictive synths

Rytm will always be with me, running through a Heat distortion.

Access Virus TI gets me going… especially through the Ninja Tune reverb unit.

2 Likes

Lately for me it’s the Erica Synths Bassline DB-01. It’s so easy to program a good drum sequence on the Octatrack and just jam along with the DB-01 and turn knobs. Mesmerizing.

9 Likes

If I confess on which synths I forget time when performing live, it would be TwoVoice, Odyssey, Sub37/Voyager, MatrixBrute, and Virus Ti. But I love the others as well :smiley:

1 Like

Nord Rack
AR MK2
DN

1 Like

D-F-A-M (complete sentence)!

3 Likes

Maybe just me, but Quasimidi Polymorph is super addictive. Weeks and months of tweaking. Something about interface and concept just works.

Yes! And I want to add Diva to that list! I think it was @William_WiLD that turned me on to U-he when they did the NI bundle. I went in blind and it has turned out to be such and incredible purchase, as I’m only now just falling in love with their Satin plugin as well.

I’m not much of a synth programmer myself, but I recently picked up this pack for Diva and I think it sounds really great.

2 Likes

well …
i don’t use it much as a synth, rather as MIDI processor for making synths do various things, but who cares ))

4 Likes

what is it??? :upside_down_face:

Axoloti Core (as written on the PCB): http://www.axoloti.com/product/axoloti-core/

1 Like

Yeah, possibly the Evolver…

While I had mine for 3-4 years, I couldn’t stop making massive bassline tracks.

1 Like

I also have DIVA and think it sounds great. I just like the very focused Repro ones at the moment.

DIVA just has so many options for all of the Dinosaurs it models it’s easy to get lost just switching filter and OSC types.

I guess I could just focus on one set of modules at a time instead of trying to mix things all of the time. I think it’s too easy to not like what your hearing and just switch filter types or oscillators all the time. It just feels like your always starting over, which slows me down. Not DIVA’s fault though, it’s my own.

1 Like

Another vote for Virus TI, I have had the snow over a decade and still can’t put it down…

3 Likes

DFAM and Subharmonicon have been a absolute joy. Using them with the A4 is just amazing.

VST favorites for me are Dune 3 and Spire. I have a relatively small amount of softsynths by those two always give me great results and are a pleasure to program.

2 Likes

“gates of hell”
If you had one, you know…

1 Like

DSI Tempest for me, still get wild with that thing after many years.

2 Likes

Zebra 3. It’s not even been released, and I’ve been checking the related threads monthly for the better part of a decade.

2 Likes

If softsynths are also part, then I’d say Arturia Pigments is the best for me. The GUI is great, it has so many possibilities and sounds great. I hardly use any other softsynths, unless they are specialized.

1 Like

How are you using it for midi? As a midi processor (from external midi) or as a midi generator? (ie sequencer/generative)?
(I’ve almost bought one a few times - gone to the checkout and baulked at the shipping (and I’m in the EU). I’ve thought about the new H7 version as well…

both.
either to modify external sequencer input in various ways (for instance, converting incoming CC messages to SysEx to talk to specific hardware, e.g. Zoom MS-70CDR, Roland HPD-15, etc), and as generator (current project i’m working on is advanced arpeggiator with certain unusual features).

EDIT: also, as additional patch storage for some machines (Zoom MS-70CDR, Novation Circuit Mono Station, IK Uno Synth).

EDIT 2: also, as sort of «semi-song mode» for MC-707.

2 Likes