Morningstar mc6

Yeah, confirming it does send midi note on/off messages

1 Like

It’s good with the Octatrack. You can stack 16 messages into 1 button!

You can, with the push of 1 button, select any track AND arm it to record.

Example:
button Press: (CC68)Track up 7 times, (CC69)Track down how many times you need to get to your track
button Release: (CC53 w/value of 1 or higher)Arm current Track REC
Setting MC6 button sensitivity up to 4 or 5 really helps.

2 Likes

Is it possible to start and atop the OT sequencer with this pedal?

Yes, it sends realtime midi messages : start/stop/cont

2 Likes

I have on eof these on the way. Looping forward to some hard core OT pickup machine looping :slight_smile:

Just got MC6 mkII today for controlling my OTmk2 and I’m impressed! Excellent build and super easy to program with the online editor. I used a cheap MeloAudio controller before but it was a pain to set up and couldn’t send note on/off messages at all.

One of the selling points of MC6 for me was the utility scripts it comes with. With one button press I can now scroll patterns up and down — so convenient for live shows for changing parts! I play acoustic instruments so a lot of the time I can’t have my hands on the Octatrack and most of the time when I play it’s all about pattern changes and cross fading scenes.

The only minor issue with the pedal is that it doesn’t really seem to play nicely with my Korg EXP-2 expression pedal that I used before. Probably an impedance thing, not very smooth control even after calibrating. So I need to get another one. I’ve been mapping the expression pedal to the crossfader so the control should be super smooth. Considering Boss EV-30 for replacement. Should be a lot smoother than EXP-2 and correct impedance.

Is someone else using MC6 with Octatrack? Would be interesting to hear how you’ve set it up!

2 Likes

I’m having some troubles to figure it out how to set mc6 to just controll next pattern (is it possibile?)

Can i program a switch on mc6 for moving “clockwise” from pt1 to pt2 and so on?

This would be pchg message with increment.
But since there is no way for the mc# to know which pt you are playing, you have to be careful with init pattern and don’t change them manually…

Mc# does not store variable unfortunately…

It seems to be possible using the “PC Number Scroll” (formerly “PC Scroll Up”) instruction that is described in the MC6’s MIDI Types documentation:

1 Like