Moog Three-tier Sound Studio (M-32, SH, DFAM)

I have the trinity omnipresent at my table. However, I would like to bring them with me sometimes. So I would need some kind of case. Any suggestions?

1 Like

I love it this is cool

1 Like

Another cheeky number from the 3 Semi-Mods

1 Like

This statement finally materialized via the Moog Sound Studio 3 bundle. Itā€™s been a fun weekend learning all three devices: DFAM, M-32, and SH. Lot of inspiration to be found. Overall, I am very satisfied with the products.

A second M-32 and 4-tier stand are coming later this week. After gaining a better understanding of each device, more than likely I will build a small modular setup to expand functionality of the Moogs.

6 Likes

Mother-32 with the Mood & Polara on fx duties.

I donā€™t normally record tracks in parts but I couldnā€™t resist adding a simple bass-drone for flavour. Fun!

2 Likes

Are these just sold out everywhere?

Any knowledge of re-stocks???

Long & McQuade in Canada has them:

They only ship in Canada though.

Or Moog Audio in Montreal, Canada.

1 Like

Add Nightlife Electronics to that list as well (in Canada):

Edit: Confirmed that they ship internationally.

1 Like

How is the quality of the included mixer? Iā€™d like to send these into my Octatrack, as a single Thru track. Iā€™ve never taken output from a stereo headphone jack to an audio input though, wondering how this will work exactly, sound quality wise.

1 Like

Itā€™s just a little analog summing mixer but it works well enough.

1 Like

Yā€™all sold me, itā€™s ordered! :upside_down_face:

There doesnā€™t seem to be alot of discussion on this setup here on Elektronauts, besides the well populated DFAM thread. Any recommendations on other forums?

2 Likes

Thereā€™s some dedicated groups on Facebook.
But Iā€™m more than happy to make this a new thread full of inspiration and insight with you all :slight_smile: :smile:

1 Like

I sold my Sound Studio to fund another purchase. Recently re-acquired a DFAM though. The Subharmonicon thread has some decent info :). The package comes with a lot of patch cards and games for ideas. Moogā€™s own website has some resources as well.

Iā€™m sure if you post here youā€™ll get some interest and feedback though :).

Theyā€™re all really great instruments and Iā€™d love to get a SubH and M32 back some day.

2 Likes

I donā€™t use Facebook, looks like Iā€™ll just inundate this thread with questions :yum:

2 Likes

Ahh, didnā€™t see the SH thread yet, thanks!

Any thoughts on my intention to spend time with each box individually, before integrating? Which would you recommend starting with? Then which to follow up with?

I would start with the patch cards. Each insturments has some overlay cards that you can use to patch up. Great way to learn about the patch points and get started. I ā€˜thinkā€™ thereā€™s some patch examples that cross patch between instruments. Probably the best next step as it will show you have to distribute clock between all 3.

From there, spend some time with the instrument that grabs your attention. After going through the patch examples, youā€™ll likely have some ideas that youā€™d like to try out :).

Theyā€™re all great instruments. I couldnā€™t honestly pick a favorite.

3 Likes

Does anyone know where you can download the sound studio patches that come with the pack? I bought all 3 separately and am now obviously a pariah in Moogs eyesā€¦

Edit: Itā€™s here:

1 Like

In a year with the Sound Studio 1, Iā€™ve often looked, and found very little in this regard, there are a few smaller YouTube channels with some clever patches but not much else besides.

My favorite simple trick (with the set of 2) is to patch DFAM pitch to Motherā€™s LFO rate, then LFO triangle usually back to DFAM VCF mod, itā€™s always a good source of interesting rhythms.

Marvelous synths, hope you have fun!

1 Like