Moog Subharmonicon

On the patch panel it has trigger in, and cv in’s for the both VCO’s and the 2 subs of each VCO, so, yeah, think so :slight_smile:

We have something special to share with you...

Sign up for our email club at https://t.co/PimkEKxRlR and be the first to find out. pic.twitter.com/z1aDSxGwsu

— Moog Synthesizers (@moogmusicinc) May 11, 2020
2 Likes

I just got an email from Musician’s Friend about price cuts to the Matriarch and Moog One. I can only assume this is because they expect to make so much money from the Subharmonicon. (That’s how business works, right? You can only make so much profit?)

But also, I guess if anyone is thinking of a Matriarch or Moog One, I got an email about price cuts from Musician’s Friend.

MF seems to just cut prices on random things at random. Like their Stupid Deal of the Day. That’s how I got one of my guitars. But thanks for the heads up!

Matriarch for $1699 - wow, thanks for the heads up. I recall reading in one thread around here that Musician’s Friend / Guitar Center are struggling a bit during the Covid-19 crisis. I guess the deep-ish discounts are a way to try to get some revenue rolling in.

1 Like

MF/GC is facing bankruptcy !

See my post in the Deals – Perennial thread.

I notice that Sweetwater has the same two up for sale too, so it must be a Moog sale.

On price, it’s looking like the SubH will be in the neighborhood of $900 US. This is toward the high end of where i expected the price to fall. But considering all the things that are in and have been added to the SubH, this is still in the reasonable range for this synth.

At the same time it’s got the wheels turning, i’m thinking of other ways to recreate this, or top it, as i posted up thread.

EDIT: Changed abbreviations to SubH.

2 Likes

Roland SH2? That’s what turns up when I google it.

Well we need an abbreviation for the Subharmonicon (2). This is what i’ve tried – this is the process we go through – remember while Elektronauts tried to decide on an abbrviation for the Digitone. Well i’m floating SH2 since there’s clearly a SH1 that’s distinct. But hell, i’m happy with anything as long as i don’t have to type “Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious” every time.

Suggestions please.

ADDED: I edited all previous posts where i used SH2 to be SubH.

SHM2.

You’re welcome.

Maybe SubH? I feel like SH1 and SH2 are too Roland to me. I saw those earlier in the thread and I was confused. And since the first batch was limted run to a select few at Moogfest that year, they just won’t be referred to as much in the long run, and I don’t feel they need numbers to separate them. But the OG tag could be applied to the Moogfest editions. Just some ideas. Whatever works best for everyone.

2 Likes

MooSH + MooSH OG

2 Likes

I’d vote for SubH or Subharm. I wouldn’t attach any generational prefix, since they only ones in existence were the not-for-release DIY ones from the Moogfest workshop. let’s just leave those as unicorns frolicking in the field of harmonics.

1 Like

SHARM

3 Likes

UFiFH ? :laughing:

I’m always ready for a frolick in the harmonic fields myself.

BTW: SubH looks good to me.

3 Likes

Wow, thats hefty.

Which ? The price or the box ?

I vote for SubH

OG SubH for the Moogfest Workshop builds

1 Like

the SSH for Super-SubHarmonicon

1 Like

Price. I hoped for a DFam price range, which will be ok. Well lets see.

1 Like
4 Likes