Moog minitaur - Analog Four MK1 CV connecting problem

Hey guys. So I was trying to connect for the first time Moog Minitaur to Analog Four MK1.
On Minitaur I connected one mono cable in the pitch and another cable to gate. Use a split cable with 2 inputs mono and one stereo plug.
Connect the mono cables on de inputs and the trs jack to CVAB on Analog four.
So i went to CV track, set the CVA to pitch o/vct and CVB to gate. At the moment I set the connection, the equipment starts to make a continuos noize. When i try to play the keyboard keys on A4, its like all the keys have the same sound, in any octaves.
Tried various combinations, inverting cables and pitch/gate on menu. In the best trying i get octave -1 and -2 playing with minitaur sounds.

Sorry for bad english. Tried to shoot a video, but as i’m a new member, they won’t let me post de video.

Audio is connected from minitaur out to A4 left in.

Can someone please help me?

Don’t you need two seperate cables? One for CV A and one for CV B.

And welcome!

Check what the CV inputs are mapped to on the minitaur, you might need a computer and the minitaur editor for that

A4 have 2 inputs for 4 CV. A/B and C/D. So you have to use a split cable(2 mono to 1 stereo). Elektron sells a split cable for this in their website.

But I just tried to connect pitch to A/B input and gate to C/D input. Ajust CVA to pitch and CVC to gate. It worked, out of tunning, but it worked. Maybe my split cable is the problem?

The editor is set to default for all CV configuration.

just tried to connect pitch to A/B input and gate to C/D input. Ajust CVA to pitch and CVC to gate. It worked, out of tunning, but it worked. Maybe my split cable is the problem?

Ok, I’ve missed it’s an MK I.

It`s been a while since I have used a Minitaur with my Analog Keys - maybe six years ago.
Had similar problems to set it up correctly.
Made some notes back then in my little book of wisdom, maybe it will help you.

These are my notes:

Set CVA to Pitch V/Oct: Note 1 C1 0.00V Note 2 C5 5.00V
Set CVB to Gate Vtrig 5.0V
Restart Minitaur.

2 Likes