Moog Matriarch

Yeah true!! Also the fact that it’s clockable and the way it behaves in sync mode when modulated is bonkers. I really love it.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t replace the GM but add the Matriarch to it. I personally have two Matriarchs but could of easily went with a GM and Matriarch combo.

3 Likes

Yes, the GM is different enough that it’s worth having both. And then you have both delay and reverb!

3 Likes

I don’t have the skills for this but know a very talented wood worker. Before I hit him up I just wanted to gauge any interest to convince him it would be worth the effort :joy:. If a few more people were even remotely interested I’m sure he could be convinced to spend the time on it.

2 Likes

I would be super duper interested. But I’m in Europe, if that’s a problem.

New soft case, which Moog markets as a dust protector:

Personally I’m leaning towards a Decksaver for dust protection but maybe someone else…

I just ordered one from Stardust covers instead. Mostly for consistency … also ordered Rev2 and Pro2 covers from them.

I get a “Product couldn’t be found” when I go here https://www.stardustcovers.com/product-page/moog-matriarch

The Decksaver appears to leave room for connected patch cables - not a super generous amount of room, but just enough, just like the one I got for my MS-20 Mini

1 Like

I got that case last year for free when they did a promo where you got a case with a grandmother or matriarch purchase. Didn’t realize it had a red lining lol. I never really opened mine up.

Hahahaha ! If they don’t fix the bugs then I’ll buy this instead :joy:

I just use an old white pillowcase on mine, and the original box if I have to move it. I’m a sucker for decksavers otherwise, though.

Seriously guys, how is it even possible that they don’t fix the staccato bug ?
This synth is UNPLAYABLE in paraphonic mode, it’s driving me insane.

1 Like

What’s this?

Notes are “sticky” in paraphonic mode : when you release a key, the gate is not closed immediately, but a delay is added. So in a nutshell, you can’t play fast. And the feeling is so weird.
https://forum.moogmusic.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=34593

Ahh ok, I’ve never noticed it… I rarely use paraphonic mode for para/poly playing, more for round robin sounds for me. I’m going to try it out later so I can join in being annoyed. :partying_face:

1 Like

Yes please do ! (latest firmware)
It’s really hard to play "traditionally’.

1 Like

Sadly moog was never good at fixing bugs in firmware. But they getting better in raising prices…so

1 Like

Just tested. Can repeat the bug. Yeah, that’s annoying. I don’t often play like that, but will watch out for it now…

1 Like

Ah thanks !
I’m not usually a rumbler, but come on, a synth that you can’t play fast…
Also the bug was introduced in the latest firmware. So it’s not a hardware problem.

I currently have mine in its box, just to keep dust off until its time to power it up again.

Once I get a Jaspers multi-keyboard stand, it will live there, and the decksaver would be more convenient for that setup than box storage.

1 Like