Monomachine Vs Nord Modular/Lead/Wave

Ah that’s mad, congrats Craig!

1 Like

i have the same and it is amazing!

I use with Digitone and apply delay and reverb from DN and it sounds really good

One of the best VA ever made

1 Like

Yeah the two people I know that own Nord Leads are women… Something about them is very feminine.

1 Like

if you want to sound like Autechre, the ingredients are Nord modular/Nord Rack1, Akai MPC1000, Alesis Quadraverb and MAX MSP

They only made 2 albums with Elektron machines and they no longer use them.

1 Like

Full confession, I started chatting with the guy I wanted to buy it off and he offered a straight swap for my less than perfect DN. So, seeing as the Nord was priced at €600, I figured I could pick up another DN for similar or less second hand. Otherwise I would have done what you suggested. Regardless, I love OT Dark Reverb, Chorus and Lofi FX, so that’ll be my FX box for now. Also I was messing with OT and DN samples yesterday while I made up my mind and there’s a lot to be said for just focussing on pushing one box (especially the OT) as far as it can go :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Nord Lead will not disappoint you

The OT is my next purchase, I had to buy some pedal first, I got the Oto Bim and Bam.

1 Like

Something I’d recommend considering with the Nords, is getting a good hardware (or even software) compressor to use with it. They seem to really benefit.

2 Likes

Surely can’t go wrong with a nord lead. I’ve had mine (rack 2, paid 400€ for basically new condition) for about two weeks now. I have no experience with mnm but I really love the nord. I’ve stated before already that this thing sounds really techno and different than anything else I have (software included). Good pickup and enjoy playing it!

2 Likes

It’s here! I’ve only had five minutes so far. Now my gf has taken over with a permanent grin on her face, telling me about things I can’t hear haha.

5 Likes

It’s a great synth and cool you got one (even if only to look on in envy as your gf plays it!!). I was going to make a joke about the stickers on the keys but then I remembered I got a Casio sk1 off my childhood best friend with the keys labelled with magic marker… but he got it wrong and so the low C was labelled A and so forth.

2 Likes

I Had a Nord Modular G1 and still have my monomachine, drastically different synths. Nord could be very complex but the building blocks were pretty basic by today’s standards. you could make a decent FM or VA voice but there was no real character to it. most of the modules were pretty limited when compared to modern eurorack equivalents. I had some pretty fun Feedback FM through saturation drones with it but ultimately let it go. I’d say monomachine is better in general but I’m an elektron addict

1 Like

Oh wow, so he had a legendary B# on his keyboard! Lucky fella! We might keep the stickers on it or colour code them at least.

1 Like

Agreed! I use an Analog Heat with the Nord Lead 4 - they were basically made for each other

1 Like

The Amp release knob on the nord 2x is its own synth.

2 Likes

But you can‘’t compare a Monomachine with a Nord Modular really

The nord modular is a modular environment Monomachine is not really modular or am I missing something here?

I have a Nord Modular G1 and a G2 and still have my Monomachine.

I really like the G1 for its character (first generation of Nord Lead). Can be very agressive and organic. Even if its very old its still my favorite VA. Its not really an emulation of classic synth but rather something unique. The editor is amazing but you need a computer that is compatible to run it. The GUI is fonctionnal (a bunch of knobs) but no labels so. Its modular so its very flexible though its nothing like Reaktor or modern modular softwares. Get it if you want a digital modular hardware and like the Nord sound (i do :)).

The G2 is amazing since you have on of the nicest GUI ever made on a synth IMO (key version of course).
You also have variations , more FX, better sequencers, midi processor etc.

The Monomachine …it just work :slight_smile: My favorite Elektron Machine ! the Elektron sequencer , multiple synthesis engines, wavetables , some cool FX (i like the delay) .

It really depend if you want to go deep designing patchs on modular or prefer something more immediate.

All good synths really .

2 Likes