Monomachine user waves 2020

Hello all,

This is my first post here! forgive me if this is noobish but I’m seeking a bit of advice on uploading waves to the Monomachine. I know there’s no catalina update for C6 and I’ve had great success with Sysex Librarian for uploading full syx files. However I noticed there’s no way to convert audio to be sent to the digi pro section of the machine. I’m wondering if anyone here has found a workaround or if I’m just missing some feature in sysex lib?

2 Likes

As far as I know C6 is the only program that does this. It is probably some Elektron only format. A while back I was doing a lot of user wave stuff and C6 was the only software.

2 Likes

Yeah I ended up just borrowing an older laptop. Funny enough I was actually doing this to try your “sampling” hack. Came across the old thread and trying out the sh101 waves

3 Likes

Cool, you are going to love it. So many possibilities. Make sure to keep us posted on what sounds you conjure up :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Audacity and sox apparently support convertting from wave to SDS.

1 Like

Right, SDS (MIDI Sample Dump Standard) is a standard format used by old samplers, it’s not Elektron specific.

Hi, I’m a Catalina user too, could you tell me which midi interface do you use?
I tried with a simple and cheap midi interface and monomachine remains in “waiting” mode, then I used a midihub device by blokas, the transfer starts but i receive only errors.
the singular thing is that the “sysex send” function works fine.
thanks

EDIT [SOVED]
I set the “Transmit buffer size” from “Default” to 64

In sysex librarian try increasing the delay between packets

What other settings do you have? I have tried to convert files to sds/syx with Audacity - and send with Midi Librarian - Monomachine remains in “waiting” mode.

Using midihub as well to transfer

Does anyone had any success sending the sds/syx single cycle waveform to monomachine via Sysex Librarian? I converted the samples and tried to sent it but mono keeps “waiting…” for the information.

I had this problem with the Machinedrum, turned out the problem was my interface. The Elektron TM-1 worked flawlessly.