Monomachine prototype pics

Just got a Monomachine again and this one came with the old Elektron promotional leaflets. Don’t recall seeing these nice prototype pics here before (the Machinedrum ones are more familiar) so posting for others in the same boat.

20 Likes

Teenage Audio are that prototypes of teenage engineering? the modular toy look :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

These are a bunch of sketches/ideas by Jesper Kouthoofd (who worked on the industrial design of the early Elektron stuff), hence the “Teenage Audio” tag. :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Jesper Kouthoofdis the founder, CEO, and Head of Design at Teenage Engineering. That makes sense! :smiley: i like the look of the TE 01A it reminds me on an old walkman.

3 Likes

Someone will be asking Behringer to make that by the end of the day.

4 Likes

That’s really funny to see those pics !
But really happy that the Monomachine was made like a tank not like a strange beast between a Walkman and a qy70 !

4 Likes

There used to be a thread with loads of old promo, and prototype materials. Really interesting stuff.

5 Likes

Yeah I’m curious if these were even considered for the the final designs or if maybe they were just some kind of generic prototyping shell for the Motorola chips or something like that. Very cool photos either way, if anyone has more old promo or prototype photos I’d love to seem them.

3 Likes

more photos from another thread… I’d love to live in the same world as the machinedrum minifridge

2 Likes

I always thought of it as a 500-series MD. So bizarrely appealing.

These are so cool! Anyone got the MD equivalents?

I’d love to see this! Wonder if it’s on web archive

I think someone has linked it. I’ll check to see if I can find it. I think it had SID stuff and all sorts :sunglasses:

1 Like

Neat, I haven’t seen this in ages. I wish I still had everything that came with mine.

Ah yeah in jw’s post above, the image was collapsed! Thanks :slight_smile: