Monomachine pattern reset like function + extended on machinedrum?

I was wondering if there is a way to perform a pattern reset on the Monomachine during a jam like one can do on a machinedrum by pressing the function and extended buttons.
I’m thankful for every input. Maybe there is a workaround someone has figured out.

3 Likes

@waftlord thanks. I’m aware of that and that’s not what I’m looking for.
If you ever used a machinedrum you‘ll know what I’m talking about.
If not: you can save a pattern along with parameter locks then jam around and when things get too messy you can reset back instantly to the saved pattern by pressing function + extended.
All recorded parameters are still there.

Another question I have is: is it possible to control all parameters like on the machinedrum when you press function while turning encoders?

Technically there isn’t. That said, if the unit has the Drive+ upgrade, you can reload a snapshot which reloads pattern data among other things. I don’t know if that sets patterns back to where they were or not after lots of changes, or how reliable it is for your use case, and I don’t remember at the moment, but if you have a Drive+ unit, please try it out and let us know. I assume that it may work as long as you save snapshots regularly, and the other thing to consider is that this is not as immediate as FUNC+EXT.

No, there isn’t.

1 Like

icegif-266

5 Likes

@error.eyes
Thank you very much. It is a +drive Monomachine and I will try the snapshot workaround next time I have my hands on it and will let you know.

@error.eyes I tried the workaround. All p locks and settings of the pattern get recalled by the snapshot but unfortunately it takes a short moment to load and the sequencer stops after loading.
It’s at least something so thank you once again for the help.
I will try to set up a midi track on the MD to control parts of the MnM via midi cc and I think theoretically the parameter reset and also the function + encoders control should work.

Edit:
Sending midi cc from the MD works basically but the function + extended button combo to reset the pattern and encoder values of the receiving machine (in this case the MnM) does not. It seems because the MnM needs an actual message from the encoder of the MD which apparently doesn’t send any cc by using the button combo.

1 Like

What you’re talking about is a kit reload, it’s not doing anything pattern related. And no, there’s no such shortcut on the MonoMachine.

Workaround is copy pattern (func + rec) as preparation before jamming and paste pattern for reload. Pattern data only. For sound data (kit) use the kit load as described.
Same for MD. Full reload in one step is a Digi box feature.

Yeah needs a trig on the mid machine to send the stored cc. Timing this to the func+ext combo is tricky.

Some nice suggestions here tho.

Agree with @cema that copy and pasting your pattern might be best. Even saving the kit under a new name as a duplicate might be nice to switch to after some parameter changes. But of course can only happen when the current pattern has finished, so you’re restricted to beat 1 resets, but performatively that might be ideal in some scenarios…

1 Like

@waftlord This would be great. Thank you. I will try the trig on the midi track and let you know.

It’ll frustrate you as it will send a note on that channel also

@waftlord thank you again. The reset trigger works great and I’m ok with just the one additional trig. It’s also cool that it acts kinda like a scheduled reset so I can be busy with something else in the meantime.
Definitely a good solution.

Edit: theoretically a way to get rid of the additional trigger would be a volume p-lock directly on the Monomachine with volume set to 0 on the same step as the reset trig on the Machinedrum.