Monomachine Parameter Slide Weirdness

Not sure what’s going on but parameter slides are behaving in a really weird way and it’s driving me insane! When there’s a parameter lock slide with notes between, the first note after the locked/slide trig has a split second where the parameter is back at the unlocked position before snapping back to where it should be in the slide. For example, if you take an ensemble machine tuned to a chord but create a slide so that all the notes are at default (disabled), it should just be that one note playing. If I add a note between the two parameter locked notes, there is a split second where the chord plays before returning to how the slide should sound.

Has it always worked this way and I just never noticed before? I remember automating a many measure long filter sweep using parameter locks and slides without any problem, but now the first note in the sequence after the lock has a pop from the filter snapping back and forth :expressionless:

Here’s a recording showcasing what I’m experiencing. The 2 measure sequence has a slide at the start of the track and parameter locks at the start and end of the sequence on the filter that slowly & slightly opens up the filter. The default un-parameter locked filter is set to be fully open. Even though the filter is not set to pluck/open, the second note has a noticeable pluck that shouldn’t be there!

I would take a look at the amp, filter, and LFO trig tracks and see if there any trigs that may be conflicting with the slide trigs and what you are trying to do.

Sorry, forgot to mention that this is only amp trigs! Also had tested with normal trigs with the same result

I recreated the slide example in the monomachine manual using the EQ frequency, un-locked being all the way up instead of down. There’s an audible squelch when the slide is interrupted by a normal trig (circled in red) as the EQ jumps from the normal position to where it is supposed to be during the slide. This only happens the first normal trig during a slide, all normal trigs afterwards perform the slide as expected so I have no idea what is going on.

The monomachine firmware OS is version 1.32B with a letter H on the left (think this is version related?).

have you tried swapping the offending “squelch” trig with a trigless trig?

1 Like

The Slide feature on MM is the most unpredictable and buggy feature in the history of Elektron. I think this is one of the reasons it wasn’t implemented in DT, etc

1 Like

I have to agree. In general, the MM buggy (or quirky, depending on how nice you are). I didn’t want to resort to that as an explanation, but it is a real thing.

I have had experienced weirdness with slides before here and there. They happen often enough to know that there’s something buggy with the feature, but not so often that can be reproduced or understood.

1 Like

After experimenting a bunch with trigless trigs, noteless trigs, and note offs, I’ve found that this only happens on the first amp trig after the slide. Any amp trigs afterwards act normally, as do any trig without an amp trig.

1 Like

I was never sure about it, but I always got the same feeling. Slides are, for me, about unexpected results, great fun there.
To the point that I try to use LFOs instead, when I want something more precise, if possible.

2 Likes