Monomachine MKII + Drive

Hi there. I’m new here and I hope you can help me with a simple question: I’m in the process to buy a Monomachine MKII and I’d like to know how can I identify if it has the +Drive on.
Thanks!

HC

underneath the screen it will read: “SFX-60+”

Hi thanks for your answer.
Here’s a pic of the Monomachine… what you’re saying is that this “SFX60” means that it has the +Drive?
Is not there any another way to look if it has it?

Thanks again for your help!

HC

Yes it has the +Drive.

1 Like

I am looking at used MnM’s. If someone had a +Drive added in later do they end up replacing the front panel to say SFX60+ to reflect this? Or is it possible for one to say SFX60 yet still have a +Drive?

When you turn the machine on, it will show what version it is. It will say “SFX60+”. But it happens pretty quickly so you have to watch closely. I assume they have to update the software when installing the drive, so I imagine that if the start up screen says “SFX60+”, then the machine really is.

Hold down the FUNCTION key and then press and hold the KIT/SONG SETUP key (which says GLOBAL beneath it). If you have +Drive, a pop-up will appear saying “LOAD SNAPSHOT” or something similar.

2 Likes

Sorry guys, but i just don’t understand. What are the differences between the MNM SFX60 MKII and the MNM SFX60+ MKII? Is it just more storage place or something else additional?
And if it’s just storage space - are there any benefits that coming along with that in musical, tonal, creative or qualitative ways or am i able to do the exact same stuff with a non-+Drive model (exept the fact that i may have to do some SysEx-transferring-action?
I recently bought a MKII model on ebay… but now there is a MKII+ model for about 100€ more on ebay (which i won’t get, because now my money is gone because of the MKII-purchase), and i’m a bit concerned if i should be sad now (lol) or if i should sell the MKII if i could get a MKII+ in the future.

thank you!!

Previously on Elektronauts:

Thank you very much, but i didn’t find an answer there, wether more storage space leads to better results cause of the flexibility to have it all onboard. Does it attempt the possibilities you have with the monomachine or is the only difference, that i maybe will have to interrupt my session, load something via sysex and can go on as i could on a +Drive-model afterwards?
Also, what contains 1 snapshot exactly?

The manual describes the structure of the machine pretty accurately.

Whether it leads to better results? Probably not. I find it very convenient to have the plus-drive, because I can just save the current snapshot, create a new snapshot and start on something new every time I feel like it…but of course that makes it difficult to finish anything :slight_smile:

So my conclusion: If you are extremely productive and effective at finishing things, the +drive can make you very productive.
I you are good at starting things, but find it difficult to finish things, the +drive won’t help.

Kind regards

Thomas

1 Like

Thank you so much!

Are you saying that you couldn’t start “something new” (a new song?) without the +Drive?
Because it seems to me like the storage space of an non-+Drive-Model should be enough to store/save and work on several songs, isn’t it? 128 pattern and kits, 64 Userwaves… 24 songs, so i think that should be enough for me… or did i got something wrong?

Kind regards!

The snapshots a more like projects.

But yes - it should definitely be enough.

I would not worry - you can always try and get hold of +drive or have Elektron install one, or upgrade the machine. Also, it’s probably a better routine to backup and load your projects using sysex.

thanks a lot!