Monomachine Love Thread

You can open kits pretty fast from the Load Kit screen. This clip is all the same pattern but loading different kits over it while playing with the release stage via mutes and mono/poly switching.

13 Likes

Yes indeed, fast enough.
But definitely not Machinedrum’s “Fn+button combo”-quick which makes it so much fun to use and abuse ^^

1 Like

I skipped breakfast and lunch making this. I started at 11, it’s now 5.

This is the first thing I’ve arranged on the Mnm. It’s a little wonky at times, but what a fun day. For once I was able to push something song- like out of the MnM from aliens and the ghost of Harry Partch.

8 Likes

Forget if anyone’s mentioned this so far, Is there a workaround/fix for the MnM arpeggiator starting up out of nowhere when there’s no transport going on?

If you press stop twice it should not fire up

It starts up out of nowhere, hitting stop twice stops it.

until it starts up again.

I want it to not start up while “tape” is running :smiley:

That’s the trick! I’ll add that to the song :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry for the click.

I tried making a guitar ensemble, but everything turned out violins, melodica, and horns

What are some FM settings for a twangy Ennio Morricone guitar tone?

29 Likes

Wow!

1 Like

Wow indeed. I’ve never managed to get sounds like that out of the MM. Any chance you’d consider a sysex dump of the sounds or even an explanation of how you made them lease ?

2 Likes

this is too good

This is excellent, well done

1 Like

I’ll upload the sysex later this week or next week. :slight_smile:

id love for anyone to reverse engineer it, change it, make it better, make it their own, etc.

4 Likes

Thanks!

Goddamn - I also have never made my MnM sound like that!!! Well done sir!

1 Like

Not as beautiful as the last one. This one makes me want to go to a circus.

4 Likes

I’ll get the sysex up within the next couple weeks :slight_smile:

Please say more about this! I just checked the manual and didn’t see any Konami code for quick pattern change key combos…thanks!

1 Like

Cool. Thank you.

Because there’s none, to my knowledge.
I was talking about fast Kit reload after CTRL-AL, most satisfying live workflow every Elektron considered. Right after Live Recording plocks maybe.

And how I wish this idea had made it to the MM.

2 Likes