Monomachine Love Thread

Try cranking EOG and then adjust EOF to taste.

That and the filtered delay per track, 3 LFOs… my favourite bits

Some more monomachine stuff (:

4 Likes

I thought that the pandemic and Brexit might have tempered Monomachine prices in the UK.

I was wrong. Very wrong.

They started off a quite reasonable prices. But seem to have gone way up over the last 24 hours.

MD will sell 1400 and MM close to 2000

I thought 1400 was too high last year and was waiting for the prices to drop. Jokes on me.

saw them going for 3000 on reverb like 2 days ago lol

Too damn high!

Prices will never really go down.

The tech cycle is waning. we now realise that digital stuff from 00’s was actually mature, and that old-skool digital is a rad sound.

I predict a real economic squeeze in the coming decades. I don’t see any nascent platforms for innovation. Products will focus on low cost which will result in reduced quality and fewer features, making older products more attractive.

The most useful innovation happens when something that everyone agrees is awesome, finally becomes possible and affordable. Like a box to program beats on. A computer program to arrange and warp samples. A synthesizer with built in sequencer and plocks.

Anything we can dream of is already possible. All the truly great ideas have been had. The future is cost-cutting and re-hashing. If there are breakthroughs in new synthesis methods they will be minor.

Happy Friday.

5 Likes

It seems I’m sitting on a rarity. I had only bought my mm out of surprise to find it in a shop after it had already been discontinued for some time. I put in my headphones, turned it on, my reaction was: hmm :thinking: and it went right back into the box. Never went back at it and had enough to do with md/ot but it seems I’ve been completely underestimating this box. Now I wonder what to do with it… Trade it, sell it (ideally retire) or actually start using it and fall in love or end up in frustration due to lack of time… hmm…

1 Like

save it for your grandkids!

2 Likes

How do I convince this dude I’m his grandkid

9 Likes

“but what is it grandpa?”

If you happen to be in Australia or willing to post it here, let’s discuss your retirement. :wink:

2 Likes

does anyone here own a blue monomachine? never seen/heard anyone talk about owning one or using one

3 Likes

It was an anniversary machine and limited edition. Looks cool for sure, otherwise exact same UI and synth engine. I think there was a special edition MachineDrum too. (it’s been a while. …)

1 Like

Wasn’t it red (around the bottom)?

1 Like

It was red, yeah, and it came with a red TM-1!

7 Likes

Wow the Monomachine ended up going for £2.6k. Unbelievable.

Prices reaching TB-303 realm. Jeez.

So much love for these, really happy I found another affordable Truss EIT frame, thank you mr Secret Cinema!

2 Likes