Monomachine Love Thread

If you want to keep the material already in the delay buffer then there’s no way. You could p-lock a fast one cycle LFO to make feedback zero for a small duration as you change the delay time. I haven’t tested this, though.

Thank you very much, i will try that!

No

“New” older love from Lem:

6 Likes

My new favorite thing is leads made from the noise machine and resonant filter

18 Likes

partners in crime

10 Likes

Brothers in Arms

9 Likes

2 hours ago I got mine and I´m already completely in love with it. This truly is a unique sounding machine and there is something very hypnotic and beautiful about the character it has. Its impossible not to come here and praise it like a moron immediately. I´m so happy, I shall make music now. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Really lovely piece, with well-matched visuals. Hope you’ll post more of your work!

I expect you already realize this, but you can set up the MnM’s arps to do a lot of polymetric stuff. Each track can have its own number of steps (up to 16) and run at its own independent speed. The pyramid may well be able to do far more (I’m not familiar with its features) but exploring the MnM’s internal capabilities may get you going faster.

7 Likes

I’ve had mine a couple months now, and I think it’s pretty great! There’s so many different things to explore.

1 Like

Absolutely! The engines are very inspiring and different enough from each others.

1 Like

The stuff that’s ahead of you… when you start checking out the buss routing, the FX machines, processing external signals…

1 Like

The bus routing seems a bit confusing to me atm but surely there is a lot to explore. I didn´t get a manual with the unit and have yet to look it up online, but on couple of videos I have seen people utilize it and my brain is slowly putting it all together. The MNM is quite different compared to the other Elektron gear I own (Octa, AR mk2 and A4 mk2) so there is some getting used to the menus and overall structure for sure. In a way it feels more “modular” compared to the newer models. The arp immediately surprised me positively and since there are no trig conditions or scale per track I have a feeling its going to play a big role in getting more mileage out of sequences.

1 Like

Monomachine is kind of the same and also very different to everything else from Elektron.

The manual sets it all out but there are a couple of things worth pointing out so you don’t go too far along without realising…

The busses run top to bottom. The tracks trig top to bottom. You can’t run a lower (i.e., higher number) track into one above it. If you set one track to be an FX machine, any tracks underneath it can’t be routed into it.

You can route any track to any or all of the three stereo busses.

You can take an external input as the source directly into an FX track.

Use the level knob to change the length of the arp sequence (took me an embarrassing length of time to clock that).

You can set track trigging so that one track’s sequencer data can trig multiple tracks. This allows you to effectively layer multiple synthesis engines as though they were part of the same sound.

And so much more… still my favourite synth. Three LFOs per track. :heart:

7 Likes

Thank you so much for these tips! I really appreciate that! :blush:
Needless to say I´m going to be glued to this machine for the foreseeable future.
It´s very nice to hear about these things from more experienced users as there are so many features and functions that are far from obvious at first.
I don´t think I´ve been quite this excited about any other piece of gear before.
Hopefully I will be able to contribute some valuable insights for new users in the future.
Also, the SID engine sounds unbelievably nice, especially the square wave with some pwm!

2 Likes

Just sold my MnM. This thread hurts, but thank goodness for this instrument.

2 Likes

Check the forum files section, there are some pdf files that collect quite a lot of topics and tips&tricks.
Can’t make links easily now as I’m on mobile. :wink:

1 Like

Okay, I will. Thanks for the tip! :slight_smile:
Last night I was using the ensemble machine with some parameter locked chords that had slight variation and then applied the arp on top of that, holy shit.

2 Likes

http://www.tarekith.com/assets/monomachine_tipsandtricks.htm

:thinking:
Actually, I need to dive into these again…

7 Likes

Very helpful, Thank you so much! :pray:
Getting the MNM happened very suddenly so I haven´t been studying the inner workings of it deeply before this. It has been mostly the sound that´s made me lust after it.
The amount of help you guys have offered and all the unique possibilities this machine is capable of are making me so happy. :heart_eyes:

1 Like