Monomachine Love Thread

I just realized you can hit rec/play and record when the effects turn on! With the reverb, it seems to make a sequence within itself…I guess this is possible with a neighbor machine in the OT. Man, every time I turn this thing on it just makes the sounds I want. It’s a giver, this one.
Edit: I figured out why the reverb is making another separate sequence within itself. I am using the OT to sequence it with a 7 step pattern, and then I seqenced the reverb with the MnM sequencer at 16 step. Another breakthrough for today.

2 Likes

Been spending some time with the MnM lately, really trying to learn how the amp envelopes actually work. Attempts to eliminate the clicks from my beloved SIN basses have me raising the gun ever closer to my temple…

1 Like

Yeah the envelopes have their own mind I swear. Like I was having a problem making pads with a long attack…Then @PeterHanes suggested that you need to add a trigless trig to turn off the envelope (I think this is the advice he gave me), in order for next envelope to restart it’s cycle. Don’t quote me. I actually just multi-sampled it out into the OT in the end. Could the click be from that, or maybe phasing?

That sounds about right! I’m looking at the recorded waveforms and it does seem to be a problem of the envelopes not resetting on each trig. Now I wonder if he meant trigless trigs or note off trigs, either way I can’t get it right.

1 Like

That was it. Note off trigs…Almost sure. Haha

He did mean NOTE OFF trigs, in the context of @thoughtstarZ’s discussion:

3 Likes

Bless him ^^

For no reason, I just’ve thought "what if I use an ARP on the REVERB track?”

What a synth.

2 Likes

I just realised what I’m doing tonight…

1 Like

Oh my.

Or any of the effects :exploding_head:

1 Like

And then assign keytracking to an effect parameter…

5 Likes

This is really cool.
It is also available as an option for MIDI tracks. Unfortunately it does not work, which is a pity because it would have been fun to use key/velocity tracking combined with a crazy ARP to control external gear. Yet another modulation source!
I sent a ticket to Elektron about that but they never replied, surprisingly.
Maybe I will try to create a new one to insist a bit.

as someone who’s used the arp a lot for triggering a TD3 and other synths, it does indeed work. and works wonderfully.
have you checked your midi channels (sent and received) are all correct?

1 Like

I was referring to the combination of ARP and key/velocity tracking.
On my MnM, the ARP does work on MIDI tracks, but key/velocity tracking does not have any effect on external gear. Have you tried that?
Maybe the problem comes from my machine (and @PeterHanes’, because he reported the same issue).

i was under impression the key tracking is for internal features on the MnM.
seem to remember it working for some CCs i’d assigned but i’ll check again.

1 Like

Yep, it’s probably the case. However key/velocity tracking is offered as an option on MIDI tracks, so it should theoretically work. And it would be terrific if it did.

ok, my apologies. you’re correct. key tracking is not relayed to the midi parameters.
tagging @v-yadli for no particular reason :loopy:

3 Likes

Hmm, very cool. I didn’t notice that you can use key tracking as a modulator. Not much in the manual under kits. I see, so using the arp to play the reverb, then setting the key track to decay?..That’s very cool. Could even modulate the delay mix with this combo. Crazy.

1 Like

That’s exactly what I wanted to do with my Eventide Space.
Sad it does not work on external gear.

1 Like

Yo what’s going on : D

Gonna release the first custom MnM fw soon!

14 Likes

Hurray!!!