Monomachine Love Thread

I just realised what I’m doing tonight…

1 Like

Oh my.

Or any of the effects :exploding_head:

1 Like

And then assign keytracking to an effect parameter…

5 Likes

This is really cool.
It is also available as an option for MIDI tracks. Unfortunately it does not work, which is a pity because it would have been fun to use key/velocity tracking combined with a crazy ARP to control external gear. Yet another modulation source!
I sent a ticket to Elektron about that but they never replied, surprisingly.
Maybe I will try to create a new one to insist a bit.

as someone who’s used the arp a lot for triggering a TD3 and other synths, it does indeed work. and works wonderfully.
have you checked your midi channels (sent and received) are all correct?

1 Like

I was referring to the combination of ARP and key/velocity tracking.
On my MnM, the ARP does work on MIDI tracks, but key/velocity tracking does not have any effect on external gear. Have you tried that?
Maybe the problem comes from my machine (and @PeterHanes’, because he reported the same issue).

i was under impression the key tracking is for internal features on the MnM.
seem to remember it working for some CCs i’d assigned but i’ll check again.

1 Like

Yep, it’s probably the case. However key/velocity tracking is offered as an option on MIDI tracks, so it should theoretically work. And it would be terrific if it did.

ok, my apologies. you’re correct. key tracking is not relayed to the midi parameters.
tagging @v-yadli for no particular reason :loopy:

3 Likes

Hmm, very cool. I didn’t notice that you can use key tracking as a modulator. Not much in the manual under kits. I see, so using the arp to play the reverb, then setting the key track to decay?..That’s very cool. Could even modulate the delay mix with this combo. Crazy.

1 Like

That’s exactly what I wanted to do with my Eventide Space.
Sad it does not work on external gear.

1 Like

Yo what’s going on : D

Gonna release the first custom MnM fw soon!

14 Likes

Hurray!!!

Damn, That would be amazing. Maybe a midi processor? Those seem to be the go to for things not possible.

1 Like

Yes, there are probably many ways to achieve that with other gear/soft, but I like the idea of keeping my setup to a minimum and making the most out of the MnM, which is sooo deep itself already.

lovely stuff.

@Omar and @PeterHanes and maybe others have identified that key tracking does not affect the midi parameters page even tho they’re assignable.
unclear if functionality or bug, perhaps you can take a look for potential future versions?

1 Like

Totally, I haven’t even gotten to the wavetable yet, and I’ve used mine for a couple years. Just recently started with the effects. I like the reverb. It’s kind of tin-canny. Like a plate reverb, but replace the plate with an empty 32oz can of malt liquor. It’s kind of like the OT, where I wonder, did they plan this out? Or…I don’t know, did it just evolve? Did they mean for some of this stuff to be used like this? I mean where did these ideas come from. Yeah.

1 Like

Awesome!

unclear if functionality or bug, perhaps you can take a look for potential future versions?

roger roger.

4 Likes

I was just messing around with some extreme pitch LFOs when my cat jumped out of bed and started meowing and searching around the room, I’m convinced she thought it was the sound of a kitten crying out for her :cry:

1 Like