Monomachine Love Thread

ā€œJustā€ MM + MD + Space. :wink:

Though I suppose youā€™re permitted to say that when you have an 808 & 909 pair sat above them.

Sounding good by the way.

1 Like

@defenestration rules!

10 Likes

Wicked. Love his tutorials. Thanx for the heads up

1 Like

The prices of the monomachine these days makes me scared to even touch mine :grimacing:

3 Likes

Most awesome. I did a one pattern thing yesterday. Not quite a full track yet, and thereā€™s a couple of other players in the game but MnM is lead. I videoā€™d it for an online thing Iā€™m doing next monthā€¦I have a long way to go I see when I look at yoursā€¦

One pattern tracks are fine and dandy, but try the 2 step science lab if you want a real challenge. :smiley:

1 Like

Is there a shortcut to erase all letters at once ? I believe I saw some guy on youtube do it, been looking everywhere for it.

Excellent. Really enjoyed. Nice visuals and agree about them being well-matched.

10 Likes

Made my night! :joy:

1 Like

this is so great and i have so many questions haha

Another all MnM vid hereā€¦ Except the drone at the end ā€¦ Also, third party reverb and ring mod but near enough

6 Likes

This is wicked. Great sound design and space.

1 Like

I just realized you can hit rec/play and record when the effects turn on! With the reverb, it seems to make a sequence within itselfā€¦I guess this is possible with a neighbor machine in the OT. Man, every time I turn this thing on it just makes the sounds I want. Itā€™s a giver, this one.
Edit: I figured out why the reverb is making another separate sequence within itself. I am using the OT to sequence it with a 7 step pattern, and then I seqenced the reverb with the MnM sequencer at 16 step. Another breakthrough for today.

2 Likes

Been spending some time with the MnM lately, really trying to learn how the amp envelopes actually work. Attempts to eliminate the clicks from my beloved SIN basses have me raising the gun ever closer to my templeā€¦

1 Like

Yeah the envelopes have their own mind I swear. Like I was having a problem making pads with a long attackā€¦Then @PeterHanes suggested that you need to add a trigless trig to turn off the envelope (I think this is the advice he gave me), in order for next envelope to restart itā€™s cycle. Donā€™t quote me. I actually just multi-sampled it out into the OT in the end. Could the click be from that, or maybe phasing?

That sounds about right! Iā€™m looking at the recorded waveforms and it does seem to be a problem of the envelopes not resetting on each trig. Now I wonder if he meant trigless trigs or note off trigs, either way I canā€™t get it right.

1 Like

That was it. Note off trigsā€¦Almost sure. Haha

He did mean NOTE OFF trigs, in the context of @thoughtstarZā€™s discussion:

3 Likes

Bless him ^^

For no reason, I justā€™ve thought "what if I use an ARP on the REVERB track?ā€

What a synth.

2 Likes