Monomachine Love Thread

Monomachine as Sampler…

Created 30 single cycle waveforms from a vocal sample. Split the sample into the 30 equal slices in Audacity. Then loaded into the Monomachine via C6. Used a Ramp lfo set time trigger to scan through the 30 slices. Time consuming to say the least, but a pretty fun. Wish someone would write a software to speed this up… ha! Still had Bome Midi Translator Pro set up so I had to copy the machine from track 1 to 2, 3 & 4 so I could play it polyphonically… should have set up some internal effects…

11 Likes

Love these sounds!

1 Like

Thanks! a lot of it is messing with the internal gain structure of the voices and tuning the width on the Double Draw machine just right to where the clipping starts to clash with the wavetable and get that kinda unstable effect. lots of boost with the track EQ too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Someday I want to upgrade to an MKII… Damn thats rad.

1 Like

Still the king!

^^

3 Likes

this is so good!

2 Likes

ha, that was very cool. almost sounding like ensoniq transwaves.

2 Likes

Nice! Hadn’t seen that before! Thank you.

1 Like

House isolation has me appreciating the things i have

9 Likes

All Monomachine with only a limiter on the stereo outs. Once again running the Monomachine as a 4 voice poly this time with a SWAVE-PULSE being used for each voice and then all 4 voices running through the FX-Flanger then into the FX-Reverb. Bome Midi Translator Pro is used to allow the Monomachine to be used in this manor. I really think @weareelektron missed an opportunity by not having this type of setup be run instead of forcing all 6 tracks to use the same voice as it does in poly mode. This current setup allows for so much more control and sonic sculpting capabilities!

4 Likes

never get tired of that beautiful design and colour palette.

wish Elektron did another run of them MM tees :cry:

monomachine mk1 has 64 steps, its the machinedrum mk1 with the 32 step limit

1 Like

Yeah. I thought of making my own

The biggest reason for a mk ii is the +drive imo. I was always running out of storage before and sysex dumping is a drag at best and impossible if you happen to be playing out somewhere.

1 Like

desperately tried to synthesize a “kissing” sound on my mnm for another track but failed lol got a tune out of it tho. if anyone can figure it out that would be awesome!

4 Likes

Now I want a monomachine again…

1 Like

we should probably launch an Everpress campaign :smiley:

1 Like

Hey guys I’m pretty new to the MNM party and I just can’t get my head around the structure of this thing: Snapshots, Globals, Kits+Patterns, Digibanks. The manual is very well written but also very complex. Do you know any source where this system is explained a bit more understandable for a longtime DT user :smiley: ? Thx!

1 Like

There is also a Cenk presentation vid…
2 Likes