Monomachine - fav eurorack filters to process monomachine

My trusty monomachine back in my possession I am trying out various eurorack filters to process poly and mono modes

So far I have found the doepfer wasp just really suits the monomachine and adds sparkle, shine and analog to the monomachine - really amazing filter

Tip top p5 is nice, a bit darker, bit of a different brush stroke, interesting dark tones with the fm - turning the gain down adds a bit of lightness and cream

Doepfer sem- no go, pretty lame, sold, I have now ordered a doepfer 303 filter clone and also looking to try the ms20 clone
What filters are elektron heads using with the monomachine to great effect??

I had a pair of MAM Warp-9s which are similar to Wasp design, and yes they’re hard to beat designs for the price, especially in the high pass department.

Eurorack only? Try the Koma svf-201

I think for the money, though, the Sherman/Rodec Restyler is hard to be when it comes to features and versatility. Stereo too.

Thanks for the recommendations
I will check out the korma stuff

Now I remember, ah the old mam warp 9 filter, great one

Anyone else having success with eurorack filters and monomachine

What other eurorack bits and pieces make the mm more wondrous

Reverb with tanks ?

WMD Synchrodyne + Expander. Needs a slew gen though - Maths is the perfect partner. Analog but uses lots of logic bits so can sound like old broken digital if you want it to. MnM’s various machines are great for driving it. It’s like a modular synth within a modular synth - waveshapers, compressor, VCAs, 2 osc/filters, etc., so can be split up to do many different duties in your setup.

Harvestman Bionic Lester. Nasty, not as versatile as the Synchrodyne, but a nice alternative. Digital.

Eowave Fluctuations Magnetiques is hard to beat for the money. 4 filters, but only 2 audio inputs, but lots of modulation. Great for bandpass/vowel filtering.

Tip Top Z-DSP with Bat Filter, BitRot carts. Digital, but can get real nasty.

Edit: Last post was from 2015, but it’s on the front page? Strange.

Necro edit I guess.

I nominate the ALM MUM M8.

Hi all, first post here :slight_smile:
I’ve a small eurorack system and the monomachine for few months. I like the MnM but sometimes I wish to pass it through my euro filter to add different flavours.
I have the great Vult Freak eurorack filter. It’s digital but sound really good !

Is there a way to send the audio out AND the midi sequence from the same track in order to trigger the filter ?

How do you combine both MnM and euro ?

Welcome to the forum!

Yes. In the GLOBAL > CONTROL > CONTROL OUT1 menu, set SEQUENCER to “INT+OUT”. You will also have to program Note Off messages in GRID or STEP RECORDING mode.

Read more on pages 71-72 of the manual.

That sounds good. Thanks for it, I’ll try it when I find time :slight_smile: