Monomachine experts help me id these two synths

Hey guys I still have not been able to play a monomachine in person, I’ve heard all the YouTube glitch demos but not much melodic stuff. Knowing Autechre are big users of the monomachine a I’m wondering if you could help me id if these two synths are the mono or maybe another bit of kit they use.

Autechre - Nine (the main sequenced melodic synth, as well as this pad playing an octave lower that sounds like it has a slow lfo on it)

Autechre - altibiz (the chords with reverb sound mnm to me, but what about the airy melody noted that come in 2 and 3 at a time, as well as the further back chorused sounding synth that echoes the same melody right after?) and does that reverb sound like the mnm reverb or something else?

Thanks in advance

I’m big on both Autechre and the Monomachine. If you haven’t read the massive “Ask Autechre Anything” Q&A, go find the Cliff Notes version, as they do talk a bit about what gear they used on what tracks.

“Nine” was from their second album, Amber, which came out long before Elektron existed. If I were to hazard a guess, I’d say it’s a DX-11. The Mono could get you there, tho.

Altibzz-it “sounds” sequenced by the Mono. The chords may be from the Nord Modular, but the melody/note clusters and effects could certainly be Monomachine.

1 Like

That whole track is dripping with Nord V/A sound, to my ears.
Doesn’t mean it couldn’t be made entirely with MnM, though.
except…

and does that reverb sound like the mnm reverb or something else?

something else.

Do you guys know any good examples of the mnm playing melodies, chords, or pads even? It’s the only elektron box I haven’t played in person so I don’t know it’s synth sounds well. Debating between that and the rytm to pair with my octatrack.

This should be quite relavent to your interests, then.

pm’d you