Monomachine - Can it sample and edit live vocals in realtime?

For example if you plugged a mic into the monomachine would you be able to edit and arrange your vocals into a song? I know you can do that on the Octatrack which is what originally sold me on the idea of getting one, but i’m curious if the monomachine can do that…

octatrack live vocals

No. Its not a sampler(monomachine that is)

1 Like

Welcome to the forum.

You can alter Vocals on the Monomachine by plugging a mic into the inputs. and have the internal filter and FX affect the incoming vocals, but you cannot sample into the Monomachine like on the Octatrack.

so Monomachine can only act as a live effect for vocals.

1 Like

ahh i see… thank you for your concise answer!

i don’t own either machines, but i’m thinking of buying the octatrack. i keep seeing videos of people playing samples then using the buttons below to play the sample in different notes almost like using the octatrack like a keyboard. I think that’s very impressive. Do you know what that is called?
i’ve seen people change the notes themselves in certain videos, and i’ve seen stonecoldbeats talk about counting half steps and whatnot to get a ii-v-i chord progression. I never studied too much music theory but i’m slightly aware of chord progressions.

i think on the mpc 1 it’s called automated or chromatic; where a sample can be played in a scale.

Yep, it’s called chromatic mode on the OT as well.