Monomachine and machinedrum plugins

just saying…all you would need is a cheap midi controller with 8 rotary encoders and you’d be gtg to get generative on a laptop. 6 track mono synth and 16 track drum synth with LFOs freely assignable across the whole thing, to anything. nobody still can touch that, not even to mention the sequencer and parameter locks. I’d pay 300 bucks each for VSTs of them, today. the sounds out of mm are going to be next to minimoog in the history books, it just hasn’t been gone long enough to miss it yet.

There was some work done to make MAME (an arcade machine emulator, primarily) support the Machinedrum and Monomachine firmware, but it looks like it isn’t anywhere near complete: Synthesizers - MAMEDEV Wiki

I wonder if that could be taken as a base to run the firmware inside a VST which wraps MAME :thinking: Would be a lot of work no doubt!

1 Like

Try DrumComputer from Sugar Bytes. It filled the void of the MD enough that I don’t miss it anymore. Get it on the iPad with a knobby controller and have at it.

2 Likes

more likely this would be useful for devs trying to mod the firmware, not as likely to emulate the DSP as well as CPUs just to run the original software.

Would be a lot easier to write some machines inspired by the originals, kinda like elastic drums on ios

1 Like

Yeah, not sure if emulating a DSP in that way would be realistically achievable. Was just an interesting thought I had!