Monitoring MIDI in MIDI-OX; where is my note data?

Recently acquired a Model: Samples and I am trying to read MIDI data coming from it. The only data I get to see is system realtime data; clock, start and stop. So it seems that I have configured everything right on the Samples and I haven’t put any filter on in MIDI-OX.

So where is the note data?

You have to turn on MIDI individually for each track (in the pad options). I wouldn’t have remembered if I hadn’t just done this for MC myself. It’s definitely a bit of a gotcha.

5 Likes

Thanks so much for responding. I misinterpreted your response initially, so I changed my response here > I eventually found out that what you were referring to was under the ‘track menu’ (FUNC + TRACK). Got it to work now, including the CC data. Weird how Elektron linked NoteOn and CC data under the pads, while you also have to activate the CC data in the MIDI section of the Config menu if you want to send it out…

While I think generally the interface is very well thought out, the MIDI configuration seems unnecessarily confusing to me.

1 Like

I apologize, I got the name wrong. EDIT: ah, I see you figured it out, but I’ll leave this for posterity. It’s the circled button (hold FUNC first before pressing obvs) and then you tick the MOut. For each track. Fortunately it’s a quick operation because you can change tracks quickly and it stays on this menu option. Also easy enough to copy patterns with it already set up.

Yeah, you’d think, right? I can’t figure out why it was implemented this way. I guess you can have some patterns/tracks with MIDI turned on and some not, but I can’t think of a strong reason for that. Great machines otherwise.

I see your grey (shift functions) text is just as bad as mine :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:. I hope I learn the secondary functions before it’s all faded out.

1 Like