Monitor(s) for very small space

I hear they are good but I’m so sceptical of anything IK Media do. All I think of when I heard that brand is Sampletank :slight_smile:

Showing £258 now! Each!

The Yamahas? Yes, the ones I got were 2nd hand. But from a decent place, that are very fussy about what condition they buy and give 24 month guarantee to fix/replace/refund.

They’re a hidden bargain 2nd hand. Usually £200 per pair ish. They’re the line above the HS’s but pretty much always sell for less because people just don’t know what they are and they don’t look exciting.

I was skeptical too, till I heard em :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was looking at the iLouds (early 2019) but I was also pretty broke so went with the Eris 4.5s. I will keep those Yamahas in mind for the future.

Thanks everyone, pretty stoked!

6 Likes

How do you feel about the iLoud Micro Monitors now? I’m looking for some monitors around this size for a second “living room” jam setup. My Sonos setup takes on the main music duties.

In my mini-studio space I have JBL305PMKII and are happy with them so far (just for reference of quality I’m used to / happy with).

I don’t need monitors able to play up a house party - but to jam with a friend and feel a bit of umph along with decent clarity.

Hmm, while I like them, I’m not sure if I’d recommend them to someone looking for some “umph” when jamming with others. They’re great at what I need them for – narrow field, clear through the frequency spectrum, no overpowering bass since I tend to use them at low levels and don’t want bass to overwhelm the sound. But maybe you might need more bass and a wider stereo field?

I’ve been looking for some small sized jam-monitors as well and finally went for the KRK Rokit 5 G4. They just arrived today and I’m pretty impressed, especially considering the price.

Second Hand Genelec 8010.

3 Likes

iLoud micros is the way to go if you have a small Space . I‘m producing Techno in an small room ( 3x4m) and the sound ist amazing for the size and price . They translate very well on bigger systems. I mix Bass and Sub Bass on Headphones because ist’s hard to tame low frequencies in a room. The ilouds don’t muddy up that frequency range because they go only to 56Hz

1 Like

Ok thanks! - Obviously I don’t expect a subwoofer punching me in the guts - just that they are pleasant and loud enough for two people to have a little dance using.

I guess I will have to order from Thomann and return if they aren’t up to snuff.

These also sound pretty amazing considering their size:

https://eve-audio.de/index.php?page=SC203

Neumann KH80’s might be worth considering.

I have the bigger KH120’s and they are really good accurate monitors. Use them in conjunction with the Subpac S2 and you have an amazing full range monitoring system for small spaces.