Money you’ve spent on Music Production VS money you’ve earned from Music Production…

:sweat_smile: I’m talking about boiling some noodles and pouring sauce from a bottle into a bowl. But if you want to go all the way you should probably start shopping for buckwheat farm land. :innocent:

Okay, well, I have to source those. And perhaps I should do it before my partner heads for DC next week and has a buying opportunity. The sauce I can probably manage from scratch but it’s not that complex. (Sorry, this is seriously off-topic, more like Money You’ve Spent on Food In Restaurants vs Money You’ve Spent On Food At Home.)

2 Likes

I’m not in it for the money, otherwise it’d be the shittest investment ever, for the soul though it is right up there, and you can’t put a price on that.

22 Likes

No deficit over here :money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face:

I’m a multi-hundredaire, and perhaps a lifetime tousandaire from music sales, and well beyond that in paid performances, and this doesn’t cover a small fraction of purchases over the years. I wouldn’t go back for a second.

4 Likes

Are we talking yen, or dollars/euros/pounds? :sob:

Gold-pressed Latinum!

4 Likes

If I didn’t have music to sink my wild energy into I’d definitely be sinking it in drugs :loopy:

Sometime gig’s pay though.
Considering I’ve had the same rig for years now it’s been worth it.
My ex wife would probably have something to say about it.

4 Likes

We can subtract money we got back from selling the gear, right?

RIGHT!??

14 Likes

Sometimes I wonder if it’s worth it, and for my budget’s sake it hasn’t been, but it sure feels good.

2 Likes

edited to “token star trek joke.”

I only spent 200 on an AHFX :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Two great tastes that go well together (if you can enjoy responsibly). Annualized, my weed budget is way, way smaller than my synth budget. Also, my glaucoma risk has gone down since legalization, so…

1 Like

Yes, this is at least what I keep telling myself!

1 Like

I don’t know if I’m consistently responsible but I try :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I just think about people I’ve known who were into boats, and then my hobby of choice feels like the cheapest pursuit in the world.

4 Likes

Of course. I mean, it’s not like you used the money from the sale to buy more gear, right?

2 Likes

Because something about this expensive money pit of a hobby makes me feel the same way I did when I played with Legos or Tetris, and it’s cheaper then therapy, at least where I’m from.

4 Likes

I mean, if you really want to play lawyer/accountant ball you count the sells and the purchases separately and ymit balances out the ratio

You buy a synth for 600
Sell it for 500
Buy another synth for 500

That results in 1100 spent, 500 earned, which isn’t too bad- especially when compared to 600 0

2 Likes

I work so I can have time to work in theater, so i can put extra money into music.

Along with a volunteer commitment my time needs to be fairly regulated.

Oof, sing it.

2 Likes