Modifier supposed to work with Midi track?

Hi guyz , i’m trying to get this info , basicaclly when i create a midi track on my syntakt , the modifiers only play one note (root one) nothing more , it’s all working for all internal machine tracks but with midi , nothing .

Used here via overbridge and diva …

Anybody can confirm if modifiers are supposed to work with midi ? and midi +overbidge ?

Thks

No retrig for midi tracks.

Yeah i know but i’m talking modifiers , not step retrigg …

For exemple a note repeat modifier …

Thks for the answer :wink:

1 Like

Which use retrig function. :wink:

1 Like

lol one is velocity the others are user definable , can you try those on a midi track and confirm if it works or not ?

I wouldn’t be surprised it doesn’t work either; bed time, may give it a try quickly…

1 Like

Tryed with ST and midi loopback.
Boring tests. Anyway these Modifiers are not finished, I definitely want midi tracks instead, or Macros. :grimacing:

Retrig doesn’t seem to work, no surprise…

Velocity Modifiers do work for midi tracks

MOD A and B only have lfo 1 and 2 parameters, and midi tracks only have 1 lfo. So lfo 2 dest are useless. :content:

I tried lfo depth as dest, using CC1 parameter assigned to Control Change 17 (pitch).
No luck, anyway I wouldn’t use it, I have much better midi modifiers with Hydrasynth (keytrack, velocity, aftertouch, envelope, lfo, etc mapped to CCs).

Still waiting for a quantize for Retrig Modifiers, otherwise I really don’t want to waste my time with these.

After OT Crossfader/Scenes, AR Perf/Scenes, A4 Macros…
these Modifiers are a joke.

Macros à la A4 or midi tracks please.

5 Likes

Have you tried the simple modifier (first one M1 / Retrig) with a simple note played and see if it retrig it ? or Velocity one
I don’t understand why you went that deep lol with lfo’s but even with a cc enabled it doesn’t appaers in the destination , like you stated : it’s only lfo , and like you stated : it’s useless …

If using midi tracks isn’t that atrractive (lack of retrig and modifiers isn’t a deal breaker but …) on this i might go rytm MKII and let my keystep pro handle midi seq of other synths , on paper this versatilty that has the syntakt looked appealing but midi usage in it isn’t that great giving also the fact that we sacrifice tracks …to do so …

Yes. On audio tracks Retrig Modifiers are recorded as Retrigs. Midi tracks don’t have Retrigs so I am not surprised it doesn’t work.

The thing is that it’s a feature(modifiers) that IS supposed to work on midi tracks also , while retrig not.
If by working they suppose to be able to modifie only built in lfo and no CC values , it’s a shame imho §

Really surprised they have not addressed these as of yet.
Edit: added “not”

1 Like

So this was supposed to be on the menu ?

I was more referring to the modifiers being seemingly half baked. It’s been a fairly universal gripe on the ST. Haven’t found a good use case. Even the retrig mods are almost unusable without quantization unless you’re 100% on time. The Drumbrute has better/more usable retrig implementation than this.

1 Like

I do use velocity quit often , i also like to create some to literraly have 4 sound variation on a track (or 8 if you use the other modifier )
Yep the retrig ones i rarely use , if we could lfo modifiers paramters , this already could be great to use live or for live recording … but at this state yep i confirm that they eat up 4 tracks for nothing .

At least if they could porovide us with 4 additioanl tracks repalcing those (midi would be enougth , digi would be greeeeat)

I’m hoping Modifiers are on the ST update to-do list at Elektron Towers because right now I think they’re far more limited than they should be. They’re borderline useless for most things IME other than the velocity Mod which is OK in some contexts.

The fact that retrigs aren’t quantised is one shortcoming for sure. Also - unless I’m doing something wrong - I could not find any way to get Modifiers to work on the FX Track.

Setting up Mod A or B to different filter cutoff settings (which does work OK at a track level) and then applying this to the FX Track with all tracks routed into the FX Track for control-all style FX but switched with Modifier buttons would be v cool.

Except… can’t do that. Doesn’t work.

2 Likes

The velocity application is ok for track making, but for live performance I don’t see much of a use case. My wish for them would be either midi tracks, sample tracks (not likely) or macro effects similar to scenes or pocket operator type effects. I really want to know what the mindset was for these at Elektron and at what point they said “good enough” as it seems like lost potential that could have really set the ST apart from the other digi boxes.

1 Like

That is for sure. We discussed about it during last ST update.
I’m not sure if they’d do something that would suit me, but I am sure they do care about it, as they do for other frequent requests, other products…
Be patient, forget it for a while ! :content:

If they are stuck with it, I hope they will allow us to use something simple they already implemented : midi tracks…:pl:

2 Likes