Model:What!? (The next one, if...)

The amount of variations I can get with the model cycles is absolutely unique.

i would love something like this. being able to p-lock effects or setting an LFO on some kinds of modulation to process a drum machine or vocals would be so amazing.

3 Likes

…i’m talking about mock offs…of course the old classics can only serve as guide lines for some rewrite from scratch…
look at the m:c…a dedicared kik engine…a snare engine…even a chord engine…
all little one trick ponys that are pretty versatile anyways…

what machinedrum and monomachine did 20ty years ago, can, with no doubt, also be done again today, based on new technology…
tone already worx on two dsps, while takt only uses one…no big deal…no fuzz…

i mean even the mnm had already a sid like mock off sound engine in it’s sonic collection…

while akai and ssl are bragging big time these days with their “vintage” modes on actual products…
so come on…don’t get too picky…

imagine u can run 8 engines at the same time…or 16…while u can always choose which to use, ur free to pick from a constantly growing collection of next little sound and fx algos…

and one more time…elektron would be more than stupid if they would not work on a fresh rebirth of their classics AND then go even beyond like arturias microfreak already showed off, how it could be done pretty easily…and damned sexy, too…
even korg has a little try on this these days…this nft, or whatever it’s called…

it’s the perfect concept to keep the one and same hardwarebox fresh for years to come…
with a new sound engine, with a next new weirdo name, from time to time…
u’d have the product, u can make a little add on profit again and again even years later, after that instrument is already launched long ago…always ready to catch a next bunch of people that also want this thing then…
everbody would buy in to join that cake, sooner than later…

2 Likes

agreed, if it’s not going to be a full fledged sampling chopping experimental anything I want it to be box then I’d prefer non percussive synthesis too… if it’s just a drum machine or a drum synth I’m passing on it for sure

1 Like

put the crossfader on the other side and I’d cop that most certainly

I’d want them to really go overboard on the FX choices though, no holding back, and no same ole super tired reverb/delay/bitcrushing blocks
I’m so sick of that trio…I’d want them to go all in and come up with FX I haven’t even heard of and make a lot of them… with the ability to create presets… and a lot of them… I’d want 2 pairs of stereo sends/returns as well… and snapshot automation… basically a Roland mx-1 killer… put a dig in/out and some phono in/outs too

We can dream. Between the new CEO, rewriting everything, Elektron changing so much, and the weird Elektron release’s lately. I find it hard to believe something like that would be released soon. But I may be completely wrong. I guess it’ll be exciting to wait and see.

…if that new ceo is a real ceo…he will defenitly suck out the most of the brand and will try to release THE groovebox that hits and earns the best sales in the companies history…

and that’s why i’m saying…
a digi shaped box in silver, orange screen… for the most retro obvious…mid price segment…
promoting and teasing the sonic world with all what the brand is standing for and all it’s fame is based on…in one box, that has the capabiltiy to stay fresh for years to come and only needs a handful of developers that can go crazy within the same mainframe again and again…that’s business…that would pay out big time AND work easily with highest possible cost efficiency by damned good margins…so let’s see…er, hear…

2 Likes

Do you know something we don’t? This would be awesome. The CEO that made History…again.

Model:What the…! : Dedicated to making one sound, and one sound only.

2 Likes

how about a proper new product?

Dear gods, this would be amazing!

2 Likes

Nice idea!

It would be nice to see a model: bass. If you were to jam with just the model series, I think i’d want a little acid bass model I could rely on to fill the gap. That or a model: sequencer to do all the heavy lifting, preferably with a metronome and a separate out for it too!

1 Like

Maybe a wavetable engine oder a granular synth with 3 voice polyphony.

Or Model:Power
Powerbank with dedicated outputs to power your DT/OT/A4 outside.